• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help Please - Dealing with insurance for total loss

Today, as some of you have already found out, my NSX was hit in an intersection and she will def be totaled. My question/worry is what insurance is going to do. I only say this because the last time a car of mine was hit and totaled out by insurance the process of valuing rare/unique vehicles went by seeing listings that are close by and what they are selling for.... Enter the potential problem: that LBBP at Southeast Auto Group.... if they use this car as a comparison vehicle, this will absolutely screw the value of my car to hell as they will not understand the past of said vehicle. Is there anything I can do/should do/ should know before going in to this that some of you may have had experience with in the past? Any input is appreciated

When Liberty Mutual replaced my car, they did not consider color and looked for another car in the area. There was one for sale by an Acura dealer at the time with similar mileage so that was what they used. I would think that if their example had significant differences that you could show, you should have some chance of affecting the valuation. Good luck.

I went through this ~3 years ago.
Email me at [email protected] and we will exchange phone #s and talk.
If the other guy was at 100% fault (and this is agreed by the police and HIS insurance company) than you should be "made whole". I bought my salvage back and rebuilt it and could not be happier!

Back