• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help, ran through a water puddle

Hi guys and experts. Need some help here.

Situation:

I was driving in the rain yesterday and the right side (passenger side) got in a pretty big water puddle. Couldn't really avoid it.

The black plastic that is behind the front bumper and inside the wheel well got ripped off. Not completely, but sort of like it was just hanigng there and rubbing against the tire.

So, I had to force it (flip it back) So now there's no rubbing. But the problem is that when I turn on the heater. There's a sound coming from there? It's a pretty loud humming/buzzing sound. Anybody know what the problem is? Did water get in there? Or did I break something?

I am about to head to the garage and see if I can see anything

Thanks in advance for the help.....

BTW, for people who drive in rain........ Be very careful of water puddles these cars are very very low to the ground. :) Guess, I'm just stating and obvious here......

Sorry to hear this... amazing the damage that water can do. But consider yourself lucky it wasn't a water puddle
<A HREF="http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mike.macleod/stuff_happens.pps">like this one</A>! :(

When you turn on the heater or when the A/C is on? There's a fan in there that comes on when the A/C is on. There's also quite a few of those plastic panels in there. They're not supported by any bodywork more like they clip together and support each other. Maybe one of these is rubbing the fan.
Turn the A/C on and off to see.

I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago (except in my case, when it peeled back, the front tire caught it and yanked it almost completly off!).

I just ripped that piece out, and had the dealership replace it.

I think it was $150 (or so).

JS

Back