• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! Speed Sensor Wire location

Hi,

I'm trying to install Alpine NAV and have few questions regarding the several wire locations.

1. Speed Sensor Wire
I searched this forum and found few posts but all for pre-97
I have an 98 6sp.
Found few posts on NA2 but they were kinda confusing
I have also downloaded the service manual from the Prime but couldn't locate the wiring diagram:frown:

One post read
"If I am reading the diagram correctly, it is an orange wire going into connector C137 which is a 6 over 6 connector colored grey."

Another post
"Okay I found it!!! For all those looking it is the orange wire in the 7th pin in the 12-pin harness. Hope this helps"

And one more
"The speed sensor on the 2000 nsx is at the instrument cluster the right side harness, orange wire. There are two orange wires in that harness take the one closest to the center"

I can tell that in my car, the sensor wire is Orange in both locations, near ECU (behind passenger seat?) or behind the instrument cluster.

Can someone just clarify precise locations for it me before I tear up my car to pieces:biggrin: I'm thinking about putting the unit under the glove box as I already have DVD unit in the glove box.

Also where can i find
2. Reverse light wire
3. parking brake wire
4. negative output for audio mute ( i am using OEM stereo)
5. ignition wire
6. illumination wire?? Don't know what that mean...

Thanks in advance for your input, advise

Jon

Jon,

I am about to the do much of the same. Not all of it but I will need to find the reverse switch and parking brake wires.

As for the speed sensor ... I had to tap off it to do some R&D for another project I had been working on and I simply tapped off it right from the sensor in the engine bay and then ran the wire back to my test gear in the car.

I am not sure where speed sensor wire is located at the gauge cluster connectors for post 97. I know they changed this wiring three times 91-94, 95/96 and 97 on. So ... I can tell you the pin for 95/96 but not 97+ This might also be fed by the ECU ... I am not 100%

If anyone does know where the best places are to tap off these areas within the cabin, please let us know.

1. Reverse light wire
2. parking brake wire
3. Speed Sensor
4. ignition wire

Back