• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help w/ EPS light after charging

The EPS light came on in my '95 NSX-T after charging it for the past 48 hours. (The battery was nearly dead before charging it. I used the same 1.5 amp electronic trickle charger for the past 3 winters while in storage without problems) I did a search and have found out about the EPS problem in '95's. While turning the steering wheel in the garage, I really couldn't detect much change in steering feel. Did the (nearly) dead battery do this?

Which clock fuse do I pull to reset it - the one under the dash or the one under the hood?

Is Acura still repairing it under warranty?

DRZZZ said:
The EPS light came on in my '95 NSX-T after charging it for the past 48 hours. (The battery was nearly dead before charging it. I used the same 1.5 amp electronic trickle charger for the past 3 winters while in storage without problems) I did a search and have found out about the EPS problem in '95's. While turning the steering wheel in the garage, I really couldn't detect much change in steering feel. Did the (nearly) dead battery do this?

Which clock fuse do I pull to reset it - the one under the dash or the one under the hood?

Is Acura still repairing it under warranty?

Under the hood.

The fuse box located on the right side front fender. It is the only 7.5 amp fuse located in that box:).

HTH,
LarryB

I pulled the clock fuse, and now the EPS light is off. I haven't been able to drive it, though....I'll see what happens in spring. I also plan to have it checked in spring at the dealership (when I replace the timing belt).

I was thinking about starting a new thread after I performed multiple searches in the hope of finding a solution. Let's revive this thread instead. The prior threads indicate that Acura extended the warranties an additional 8 years. Now that it's 2005, 95s & 96s are out of this extended warranty period.

I had the same problem as the original poster. My car battery was completely dead after going on vacation for over a month and my battery tender failed. I removed the battery and charged it. I was able to drive it fine that weekend. The following weekend, after starting it up and backing it out, the EPS light came on and I lost all power steering. This has happened to too many other members to be merely a coincidence. Something about the battery going dead causes the EPS failure. I didn't overcharge the battery or do anything funky with the electrical system. After I reset the clock the EPS worked for about one more drive and it came on again. Now it won't go off.

Has anyone gotten Acura to goodwill the repair after over a year of being out of the extended warranty period?

Any guesses as to why the EPS seems to fail after the battery dies? It would seem to me that there might be a simpler fix than just replacing the whole EPS unit.

Back