• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with check engine light

Ok, so I am a retard
smile.gif

I cant fiqure out what this sequence of flashes means...

two short flashes following a short pause and then one more short flash.

I have no idea how to fiqure this one out. I looked at the service man. but it is greek to me.
eek.gif

Any help would be great!

Thanks!!!

Brad,

I'm, still waiting payment for the motor mounts I sent you on 6 Sept. Please e-mail me on what is going on. I sent you 2 e-mails with on responce!

Gary

Originally posted by TheSwishh:
Ok, so I am a retard
smile.gif

I cant fiqure out what this sequence of flashes means...
two short flashes following a short pause and then one more short flash.

Thanks!!!

If you read it accuratly, that would be a code 1 and code 2. Done anything with your o2 sensors lately? For all other honda's code 1 is primary oxygen sensor and code 2 is secondary oxygen sensor. I didn't look it up in the NSX manual but I'm sure it's the same.

EDIT: I just looked it up in the nsx service manual...it's the same. Like I said as long as you read the flashes like that, it's your o2's signals. There is a seperate code for o2 heating circuit.

[This message has been edited by true (edited 25 September 2002).]

I am thinking this is a "21" code. "Front Spool Valve Selonoid" (VTEC).

02 heater are 41/42 codes.

Is car not going into VTEC mode?? Any problems with the car, or just the check light??

What year is the car?? I was referencing the 1991 manual on-line.

HTH,
LarryB

[This message has been edited by Larry Bastanza (edited 25 September 2002).]

Originally posted by Larry Bastanza:
I am thinking this is a "21" code. "Front Spool Valve Selonoid" (VTEC).

02 heater are 41/42 codes.

Is car not going into VTEC mode?? Any problems with the car, or just the check light??

What year is the car?? I was referencing the 1991 manual on-line.

HTH,
LarryB

[This message has been edited by Larry Bastanza (edited 25 September 2002).]

Larry, code 21 is 2 long beeps and 1 short.
o2 SIGNAL is code 1 (primary) and code2 (secondary). I looked in the nsx manual..and there appears to be a bug? They show o2 sensor 1 and 2, but no number's in the box...eventhough they are placed in 1 and 2. If you look at the chart where it shows the flashing codes it shows 1,2, 41 and 42 for Oxygen sensor...so it is indeed a valid o2 codes. The heater and signal are different. I knew from other Honda experience that 1 and 2 are o2's...so I think the manual is missing those numbers.

Again, I said as long as he is reading the flashes accuratly (it may be 21 if he's not reading it right) 2 short, pause, 1 short is code 1 and 2.

OK, now I dont fel as bad...

I was confused at the blank 1 and 2 on the service manual too.

It could be my o2 sensors as they are getting old but, I have been hearing an electric device clicking on and off depending upon my RMP's (starts at 4300) and clicks again when I take my foot off of the gas. Everytime I hit around this RMP I hear the electrical "click" behind me as if it is a computer system that sits on the rear firewall right behind my back.

The car feels like it is going into vtec but this noise just started happening about 3 weeks ago.

The reason I think it may be the o2's also is due to my air/fuel gauge showing very lean when the check engine light kicks on. The check engine light has turned on and then off by itself 3 times in the last 2k miles.

Thoughts???

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by TheSwishh:
OK, now I dont fel as bad...
...I have been hearing an electric device clicking on and off depending upon my RMP's (starts at 4300) and clicks again when I take my foot off of the gas. Everytime I hit around this RMP I hear the electrical "click" behind me as if it is a computer system that sits on the rear firewall right behind my back.

Probably the fuel pump relay. Here: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/noise.htm scroll down to "What's That 'Click' From The Engine Compartment At 4,000 RPM?"

------------------
ojaspatel.com/nsx

I double checked on the clicking noise and you guys are totally correct
smile.gif

Thanks! What would I do without you guys???
biggrin.gif

I think I am just noticing the noise for the first time due to my top interior cover to the back window being off for repair. I seem to be hearing everything back there now.

Back