• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help with painting of front bumper crossbar?

Has anyone painted the horizontal piece in the opening of the front bumper?I would like to paint mine black so it disapears.How did you do it and how did it come out?
Thanks for any help!!

fd2f3152.jpg

fd23593f.jpg

To be honest, I had it done at body shop while I was getting complete front bumper replaced/painted.
Very pleased with the black center bar - glad I had it done that way, very pleased with the finished appearance.

Edit: originally it could have been construed I was glad I had it done at body shop - I meant was happy with the look.
I'm sure it could be done as a DIY with the proper care & attention.

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 30 March 2003).]

You could do it yourself.
If you want to know how to DYI private me or call and I'll walk you through it.
Joe Lomoriello

------------------
www.vincesautobodyworks.com

[This message has been edited by pbassjo (edited 30 March 2003).]

If you do intend to DIY, I would recommend taking off the bottom half of the bumper, not a huge job in itself. That will allow you to get the proper acces to it.
Make sure you paint the vertical supports for the center bar also.
I actually picked a full black gloss - personal preference, but you might prefer a semi gloss which may make it disappear more, if that is primary goal.
I'm confident Joe can give you excellent advice on prep, painting & finishing as our NSXPrime resident paint & body expert.

The one thing that helped make a first class job on mine was to have the base colors shot first, then clear coat on the entire bumper piece - this was fine since the whole bumper was being painted, but probably not an option for just the bar itself.
Fortunately its in an unobtrusive location so the edges won't be nearly so noticable - again, perhaps Joe can tell you how to minimize those.

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 30 March 2003).]

Back