• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Helper springs top or bottom for KW v3 coilover

Are the helper springs suppose to place on top or bottom of the main springs for KW v3 coilover?

I have seen it installed either way! Does it matter? I dont see KW v3 manual specify this...

I just installed it the way it came in the box which is helper springs on the bottom on all four corners...

Are the helper springs suppose to place on top or bottom of the main springs for KW v3 coilover?

I have seen it installed either way! Does it matter? I don't see KW v3 manual specify this...

I just installed it the way it came in the box which is helper springs on the bottom on all four corners...

Helpers are installed at the bottom. :wink:

Both. Out of the box my V3s came with the helper spring at the bottom for the fronts and at the top for the rears.

I'll go with "it doesn't matter". Here are some pictures of my box. Purchased March 2011.

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

The purpose of helper springs is to soften the ride, in another word, better ride quality during street driving, correct?

I am about the purchase these Coilovers, but I see that the club sport KW, does not have helper springs. Do the club sport have same valving as the V3? Which means, If I get the V3 and get club sports springs, will they be the same as the club sport coilovers? If not, whats the advantage of Club sports, perhaps better valving spec?

Thanks,
Hugo

The purpose of helper springs is to soften the ride, in another word, better ride quality during street driving, correct?

Thanks,
Hugo

No, the springs are only there to keep the main spring in place when your wheels are at full droop. It has nothing to do with ride quality, performance or otherwise.

As mentioned, the helper springs don't do anything other than keep the primary springs in place. They don't have much of anything in terms of spring rate. Once there is a load on them, they compress down to nothing; no gap between the coils whatsoever.

What you're referring to are tender springs, but the KW set does not have those.

Back