• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HID conversion kit special for NSX Prime members

I am interested in this kit however, I am looking for 3000k headlight bulbs. Do you sell this kit with the 3000k bulbs?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Nathan

Hi Nathan -

Yep, I offer the same kit with 9006 3k bulbs as well. You have a choice between a deep yellow or a lighter yellow color.

The deep yellow will be like the Lexus IS300 foglight yellow or the Lexus GS yellow fog light tint while the lighter yellow color will be more like the GT european circuit racing yellow.

Which would you prefer?

Thanks.

Clifford

Hi Nathan -

Yep, I offer the same kit with 9006 3k bulbs as well. You have a choice between a deep yellow or a lighter yellow color.

The deep yellow will be like the Lexus IS300 foglight yellow or the Lexus GS yellow fog light tint while the lighter yellow color will be more like the GT european circuit racing yellow.

Which would you prefer?

Thanks.

Clifford

Just curious if the 3K yellow bulbs are legal, especially in Calif.?

How are they compare to the 6k in term of visibility at night? Thx.

Hi Nathan -

Which would you prefer?

Thanks.

Clifford

Clifford,

Good news. The yellow that I am looking for is the color that the Raybrig foglights use. I am not sure if they are the deep yellow or the lighter yellow. A friend of min here has them in his Supra and they are excellent. I will try to ask him and see what he says.

Let me find out and I will order them then.
Thanks again,
Nathan

Just curious if the 3K yellow bulbs are legal, especially in Calif.?

How are they compare to the 6k in term of visibility at night? Thx.

I am pretty darn sure they are not legal. However, around here the cops dont really care about the headlights. Out in Cali, who knows.

In terms of visibility at night, I am almost positive that the 3k bulbs give a better visibility of light, especially during the rain. It really comes down to which has more lumens. I thought the 3k has more lumens than the 4600, which has more lumens than the 6000k.

But Clifford should know that answer.

Nathan

I'm not sure about the legality of yellow lights being used as the sole lighting for a vehicle.

As far as visibility is concerned, the visible lumen output is actually pretty close between the 4300k and the 3k. The 3k has that yellow tint that will help you see a little better becuase it colors the ground with yellow light which helps you see the inconsistencies/undulations in the road better in wet weather driving however the 4300k does a pretty good job of that as well.

For all around driving, the 4300k works very well. However, the 3k just SCREAMS race car. :)

Hope that helps.

Clifford

Just an FYI since I have received PMs and e-mails asking if I offer other kits.

All other kits for other vehicles without custom wiring or nsx dust caps can be had for $170 shipped. I have had HUNDREDS of positive feedback and sales on another forum where I am a vendor.

Thanks.

Clifford

Stress testing has always been an important part of offering a good product. Today I took it to another level...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KFlZZukZx6Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KFlZZukZx6Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Enjoy!

Some post hammer photos...

posthammer.jpg

posthammer2.jpg

posthammer3.jpg

Rubber injected. Waterproof. HAMMER PROOF.

Clifford

Not yet man, this month though. :) PM'd ya man.

I showed the finished install to a few guys this past weekend during a meet and dropped your name.

headlightDemo.jpg

Hopefully you'll get some additional sales. I love my HIDs! :cool:

squid2004 - thanks man! :)

nis350 - it's a combination of both. the bulb has to be of good construction and the ballast has to really give it sufficient power. If the ballast gives it too much or too little, it throws off the bulb since the bulbs are designed to operate at the 35w level.

Batmans - if what I've read online is correct, your PIAA 2100 light housings require an H3 bulb and yes, I have those in stock. You MAY have to do some modifications to the backs of the headlight housings to accomodate the wires that power the bulb. I'd have to see pictures of the housing and the inside to really give you an idea of it will work and how difficult it would be to make it work. Additionally though, yes, I do offer D2S replacement bulbs.

Thanks guys. Have a great weekend.

Clifford

Have you had any luck with the new 50w HIDs versus the standard 35w HIDs. I've installed them on my Truck and they are a $H!T load brighter. But I was wondering if you've played with them yet. I'd be looking to replace a set in my NSX.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230186897880

I did a quick ebay search so you know what I'm talking about. The funny thing is that a standard 35w HID 4300k kit is about 3300 lumens (which might be wrong, I'm going based of the refference in the link) where a 50w 12000k HID kit is still 3300 lumens...

I thought thats impressive.

Car Crazed - yeah, I've played with the 50 watt kits but I haven't really been that impressed with them. I have a few sitting around but I don't really offer them due to costs.

Kevs4 - yes, the kits are still available. :)

yaaaaaaaaaay- :) all orders have shipped. dang, it was looking like a dedicated NSX HID kit factory for a while here...

Back