• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HID Installation

I need serious help on this.

I bought a BLU brand HID kit a few days ago from Singapore. When I got back to Brunei, I could not find a workshop in my area that has experience in installing aftermarket HIDs. It looks like I have to install the HID myself.

Is there any step by step guide (preferably with pics) on installing HIDs? I have tried using search but could not find one except that now I know that 6000k is actually better (in terms of 'useable' light) than 8000k (mine is 8000k :frown: ). Any help is highly appreciated. My NSX is a 92.

Thanks

Jin,

Thanks for the info. Will try to install the damn HIDs tomorrow.

Btw, I installed Philips' Crystal Vision bulb for my fog lights and it looks great...

No problem mate. Btw you should also ask how to repair your Tein shocks. Good luck on those HIDs and take car NOT to touch the bulb with your bare hands.
Supercar said:
Jin,

Thanks for the info. Will try to install the damn HIDs tomorrow.

Btw, I installed Philips' Crystal Vision bulb for my fog lights and it looks great...

Did the installation and I think it looks great. The only problem is I couldn't find a bulb for my fog and 'small' light that is white enough to match the colour of the HIDs. Now I have three 'coloured' lights when driving at night. yellowish white (fogs), yellow (small light) and white. Do you guys know which bulbs should I get? I got the Philips crystal vision for my fogs and high beam and they still look yellowish next to the HID.

Btw, Jin, SHH said they do not repair teins. Only order them for 3K ++. Sighhhh.... So when do u wanna meet up?

Anytime after the payday would be nice. Too bad the local shop don't do repairs. Have you asked him if he could send the coilovers back to be revalved? In the mean time you could use my old front shocks. They are still okay just as long you don't drive it above 200km/hr. For the running light you could use one of those Blu bulbs. They emit whitish light about BND10 in price. Can't help much with the fog light. I have tried RayBrig 5,000K HID effect bulb but still it emits yellowish light. You could get the RayBrig HID foglamp from SHH though for the real HID effect. I still have two pairs of the fake HID bulbs from RayBrig if you want to try them on.
Supercar said:
Did the installation and I think it looks great. The only problem is I couldn't find a bulb for my fog and 'small' light that is white enough to match the colour of the HIDs. Now I have three 'coloured' lights when driving at night. yellowish white (fogs), yellow (small light) and white. Do you guys know which bulbs should I get? I got the Philips crystal vision for my fogs and high beam and they still look yellowish next to the HID.

Btw, Jin, SHH said they do not repair teins. Only order them for 3K ++. Sighhhh.... So when do u wanna meet up?

Back