• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

High flow cats and a CEL on a 98???

I have a 98 NSX and am considering some comptech high flow cats that are listed by comptech as race only. Will this turn my CEL light on? I know the obd2 cars are a bit of a pain. Thanks in advance. I ran a search but didn't find much on the comptechs.

Certain hi-flow cats can have OBDII issues. My Hi-flow cats are guaranteed not to pull any codes.

I have a 98 NSX and am considering some comptech high flow cats that are listed by comptech as race only. Will this turn my CEL light on? I know the obd2 cars are a bit of a pain. Thanks in advance. I ran a search but didn't find much on the comptechs.

Just put test pipes on my 00 and all you have to do is go to the autoparts store and buy spark plug anti foulers a set cost $4 and you need 2 sets because you have to run two stacked together in each cat. You will need to drill the one out closest to the O2 so the O2 will fit. Just get a drill bit the same diameter as the bottom of the O2. You will see what I mean one you get it. Only drill out the one for the O2 to screw into because the one that screws into the test pipe doesn't need any modification. Also it's a good idea to apply ant seize to the O2 for future removal

Thanks everyone. I just wish that someone knew if the comptechs would work without kicking the light on. They're made for 95-2001 according to their website.
Only one way to find out. I put a berk test pipe on my s2k with a built in cell fix and still had to run then anti foulers. The obd2 cars are most sensitive to cel

Back