• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Highest speed achieved and in what car?

beckertb said:
Fastest on the ground for me was a 254 on my turbo Hayabusa...GPS verified...backed out because I was scared. Attempted a second run and lost my balls with a max speed of 244. FWIW at 200, the bike feels much more planted than any car I've had at that speed.

Fastest in a car was 210 in my Hennessey built, Heffner blown Viper. A fellow prime member has seen the high side of 190 in the same. I think he might even have some video.......

I have bounced my '91 TT NSX off the rev limiter in 5th, which I believe is 188????

Worst ticket: 175 in a 55....................... :frown:

Ben

Ben....do you know you are my hero?? I think I may even start a fan club. :eek: :biggrin:

beckertb said:
Fastest on the ground for me was a 254 on my turbo Hayabusa...GPS verified...backed out because I was scared. Attempted a second run and lost my balls with a max speed of 244. FWIW at 200, the bike feels much more planted than any car I've had at that speed.

Fastest in a car was 210 in my Hennessey built, Heffner blown Viper. A fellow prime member has seen the high side of 190 in the same. I think he might even have some video.......

I have bounced my '91 TT NSX off the rev limiter in 5th, which I believe is 188????

Worst ticket: 175 in a 55....................... :frown:

Ben

Hmm.....going 120 mph above speed limit !!!!! and the police only gave you a ticket. In some places, with excessive dangerous speeds like that, your taken to jail, and license taken away.

I've gotten several tickets that were over 100 mph past the speed limit
175-65,150-50,145-35 only arrested once. The 145 in a 35 was late at night doing some testing in the NSX with no wallet, license, insurance card or tag. He let me go with a warning and a VIP Discount card to my store:biggrin:

NSX = 65MPH I am a law abiding citizen....
Blackbird = 75MPH legal on parts of interstate 70...
996TT = 88MPH:eek: , My one moment of weakness, I am so glad I was on a race track. I will never go that fast again.... I still get flashbacks...

len3.8 said:
996TT = 88MPH:eek: , My one moment of weakness, I am so glad I was on a race track. I will never go that fast again.... I still get flashbacks...

Cmon man I've been that fast in a volvo.

996TT = 88MPH , My one moment of weakness, I am so glad I was on a race track. I will never go that fast again.... I still get flashbacks...

NSXFreak00 said:
Are you kidding me?

I think he gets those speeds from the garage door to the street! :biggrin:

len3.8 said:

Good thing you can't get locked up for lying on the internet! :biggrin:

168 in my nsx racing a r6 street bike, who let off around 140 and told me I was out of my mind...(by myself in the car on an open 3 lane highway at night with no cars around) and
174 on my gsxr racing a supercharged/nitrous/propane injected 04 viper who was basically right next to us on our bikes...(also on 2 lane highway at night with no one else around)

refuse to do stupid things like this with other people in the car/on the bike...

and

needless to say it was dumb, and i know that and havent been over 100 in quite some time...

nsxot1c said:
i know that and havent been over 100 in quite some time...

Hmmm, I got reports about a plum colored NSX, with a WRX on his ass, screaming down Salt Point Tpke. :biggrin:

spyderplayer2002 said:
It's a flat twelve holmes....10mph on my bicycle.
Ferrarri actually refers to that 12cyl. as a flat-v Sherlock.
You did catch me on that one however because I did think that the Testarossa had a V engine. Did a little searching and found much info and pics of the engine. I will admit that I've never heard of a Boxxer referred to as a flat V.

White94 said:
Good thing you can't get locked up for lying on the internet! :biggrin:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 550408" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2>I think he gets those speeds from the garage door to the street! :biggrin:</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 20:57</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Who me? :wink:
Nah, The 0ne doesn't work on my keyboard.. :wink:
Plus, it's fun looking at the Newbees' responses.

171mph in my NSX driving across NV on USHWY50
152mph in my '01 ITR driving across NV on the same road

wagyshag said:
171mph in my NSX driving across NV on USHWY50
152mph in my '01 ITR driving across NV on the same road

What mods did you have on your ITR? I could have sworn top speed stock was only about 140.

White92 said:
What mods did you have on your ITR? I could have sworn top speed stock was only about 140.

None - it's bone stock - even the air filter is paper.
I took a pic of it (not on a digi). I have the pic on my cube wall here at work. I'll scan it after work today and post it tomorrow. :smile:

pbassjo said:
Hmmm, I got reports about a plum colored NSX, with a WRX on his ass, screaming down Salt Point Tpke. :biggrin:

hahaha This I dont remember, although don't deny... guilty as charged:confused:

Maybe a good few months back?? for some reason i've been stuck in the 75mph club... havent felt the need for a while, or even heard vtec in a while either lol... maybe I was just making sure it was still there...:cool:

163 (or so) in the NSX and the rev limiter comes up pretty fast in the E55, which is lame as it feels like there is a long way to go past 155 in that car :D

I have hit 100 in the H2 which is the scariest trip to 100 I have made (I may have burned the entire 32 gallon tank to make it too), the SL500 has the same problem as the E55 with the governor except that it seems to take twice as long to get there :)

Here is the pic of my '01 ITR a little past 150mph. Please excuse the poor quality.

wagyshag said:
Here is the pic of my '01 ITR a little past 150mph. Please excuse the poor quality.

Wow, you're right. Sorry about that. I didn't think it was that high stock.

schuey1010 said:
How exactly does one take a picture like this? :confused:

Not possible, because the center divider would have been solid straight at that speed, not seperated.

As for my top speed... 173 on my 03 NSX, I-15 on my way to Vegas, baby!!!

On my 01 S2000, see photo below.

Attachments

• S2k.jpg
    S2k.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 110
Vancehu said:
Not possible, because the center divider would have been solid straight at that speed, not seperated.

As for my top speed... 173 on my 03 NSX, I-15 on my way to Vegas, baby!!!

On my 01 S2000, see photo below.

I love that cluster so much.

155 mph in a '98 ITR (France)
155 mph in an '02 CTR (UK)
156 mph in '03 S2K (UK)
and 166 in my '00 NSX (UK)

Luckiest escape was in the CTR, when accidentally raced a 3.0 Omega unmarked police car up to the 154 - red line every gear, only to look in my mirror and see alternating head lights flashing, about 200 yds behind...the pulled along side, and signaled for me to slow down...had my heart in my mouth...was shaking like a leaf!

Rarely top 100 now...:wink:

Back