• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hlf

HLF herbalife

• I use HLF products.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I know people who use HLF products.

• I sell HLF products.

• I have never used or sold an HLF product.

Votes: 18 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have no affiliation with HLF. This poll is simply a information gathering tool for me.

Last edited:
milf for me..........

I have been saying for years it is just a well managed pyramid scheme and am amazed it is still around. I know Bill Ackman did an 8 figure short on it and and got bitch slapped when Icahn and Soros decided to play the game but at some point I would like to think they will be found to be a true pyramid scheme.

Hey Steve, do you remember that we drove past one of the Herbalife founder's mansions in Palos Verdes years ago? He purchased his next door neighbor's house and tore it down in order to make his home 15,000 sf. Pyramid schemes make money!

I'd rather be an avon lady........if you want to play with some stock names look at nu-skin........or gogo at least with that you are forced to buy there service if you want to play.

.............Hugh would love that.

Hey Steve, do you remember that we drove past one of the Herbalife founder's mansions in Palos Verdes years ago? He purchased his next door neighbor's house and tore it down in order to make his home 15,000 sf. Pyramid schemes make money!

Yes I do. That is such a beautiful place where you live. I had a great time that day.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it setup something like Quickstar/Quixstar? I had someone try to get me into that once. I ran away.

Well this is how I see it....

They base their sales numbers on units sold to their salesman and not on units sold to end users. And even those numbers to salesman are units shipped not necessarily units sold. No other business I know of does their accounting this way. Its shady at best.

They could very well be saying that they ship X when they actually ship Y. If I were ackman and had this kind of trade on... I would get someone to do some research on the underlying companies that supply HLF with raw products and then do a little math to see if they are even in receipt of enough raw products to manufacture what they claim to "ship"

If he has the money and stomach to hold or add to the position I think it will eventually pay off for him.

I personally don't know a single person who has bought, used or sells this product, but I also live in the sticks.

Furthermore a while ago I did some quick math and it's mathematically near impossible that I don't know at least one person who uses HLF products based on their sales numbers and price points.

IOW what they claim to sell total, divided by an average sales price of all products, leads me to believe that one in five people buy their products in any one reported quarter. Math doesn't lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone gonna vote? :)

Think I know who Ackman's new partner is..

I think their company is a joke but I what I don't think is a joke to sustain >100% losses on the short side then the company has blow out 3q earnings. Ouch.

Last edited:
Think I know who Ackman's new partner is..

I think their company is a joke but I what I don't think is a joke to sustain >100% losses on the short side then the company has blow out 3q earnings. Ouch.

It might be one of those trades where he's right but can't afford to hold on long enough to find out. According to what I've read he's currently down 500 million.

If you want to play with something similar try nus.

Back