• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Home made turbo

anyone on here put together their own home made turbo kit? I'm not even sure if people are familiar with the term, but basically using a turbo off a stock turbo'd car and kind of piecing together their own kit using parts from other cars , etc.

www.homemadeturbo.com

that is a pretty 'civic' way to do things...

that and there aren't very many cars that use turbos the NSX could do anything with (this isn't a B16 that you can throw a 14b from an eclipse on and expect to work for anything)...

anyone on here put together their own home made turbo kit? I'm not even sure if people are familiar with the term, but basically using a turbo off a stock turbo'd car and kind of piecing together their own kit using parts from other cars , etc.

www.homemadeturbo.com

I've made cookies at home, but no turbo kit for my 90k Honda. :confused:

Lol, uhm turbo cars are everywhere, you can find a t3 for cheap and do a t3/t4, and that would be enough for an nsx. even if it was a small t25, if it was super cheap, boost is boost. Especially if it cost under a g, what's not appealing about it?

Lol, uhm turbo cars are everywhere, you can find a t3 for cheap and do a t3/t4, and that would be enough for an nsx. even if it was a small t25, if it was super cheap, boost is boost. Especially if it cost under a g, what's not appealing about it?

A t25......boost is boost....per-say, but not really. Were not going to get into that discussion now, but that turbo flows such little CFM and has such a small wheel and housing that it would be more of a exhaust restriction over 6k. The car would have great low-end torque, but I bet you would only see a increase of 30 hp IF THAT. :eek: Please don't suggest to people to use a t25 out of a 2nd gen eclipse. SHOOT at least tell the guy to go with a 14G out of the 1st gen but even that....man alive!

YOU KNOW WHAT? Never mind, I have always wanted to see how much you can choke up a motor and if you can choke it up to the point that you make LESS peak HP then a stock motor. THATS RIGHT I SAID LESS HP! I SAY GO FOR IT and post the horrible results! Plus it will be interesting to see if even though you make less HP if the area under the curve can be extrapolated to be equal.

J. R.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! LMFAO!!!! T25 BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA! You just made my sad day into a good. thanks for the laugh.

Oh by the way, I give mad props to homemadeturbo. Abaz which is the main guy know's his SHIT! I made two home made turbo projects and pushed almost 300 hp on a b18c1 with less then 1500 bucks! maybe like 1100. no joke!

Back