• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Home Theater Projector

benq 6200, polk speakers, and harmon kardon AVR430....and a bottle of Remy Martin, soda, and juice to celebrate a job well done. :D

Attachments

• picture 024.jpg
    picture 024.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 108
http://www.nec-pj.com/products/wt/

IMO this is the projector to end all projectors.....

has no bulb to replace and has a minimum "throw" (widness & distance from projector to screen) :

wt600j_spec01.gif

:D:D:D! its badass .... one of my clients specializes in theatre projection screens (front, rear & both) and they have this projector....very impressive.

-e

I'm going through the process right now of outfitting a dedicated media room in our newly built house. It is roughly 18' x 12' (viewing area) with no ambient light, theater rails down 3 steps, theater floor lighting, and 2 levels of stadium seating. This room has been built to be about 95% sound-proof, with insulated walls, upgraded carpet pads, weather stripped door, etc..

I only post this because I have been doing a ton of research into projectors, screens, speakers, etc. Also, since this is a brand new house, our dollars have to go to window treatments, fence, landscaping, and everything else that goes along with new construction. As a result, I don't have an unlimited budget, and I have to be realistic about what I can get approved by the real boss in my house.

If you have a budget, like I do, it is still possible to build a very good system that will give you a great theater experience. I am going to go with either the InFocus X1 ($800 or so) or the InFocus 4800 ($1100 or so) for my front projector. I could easily spend 3-5 times that amount, but I'm not George Lucas, so I don't need to have top of the line for the sake of having top of the line. (BTW, if you look at the projector polls on www.avsforum.com, you'll see that more people have gone with the X1 than with any other projector). I am also going with a Denon receiver and Sonance in-wall directional speakers and 1800 watt sub. Screen with be roughly 8' x 4'.

My budget is $5k, and I will be very happy with the system I can build for this amount. I have been working with some professional A/V guys who could sell me a lot more expensive stuff, but have been great to work with because they understand my wallet is not unlimited. If you take your time, and remember that it's your $$, you can end up with a set-up that you will enjoy.

Install of everything is the 2nd week of June - I'll post before and after pics along the way of completion.

Back