• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Canada named Edmonton’s Indy Car title sponsor

Honda Canada named Edmonton’s Indy Car title sponsor
honda_indy.jpg

So, with Honda the offical Sponsor, I suppose there will be plenty of Honda on display.

Do you think they need a NSX display?
It may just be an opportunity to get your car in the race venue.

Does anyone out there know someone from Honda Canada as a contact?

I would hate to see a Civic or an Accord as a pace car... But the S2000 and NSX are no longer in production... Maybe a Ridgeline.:frown:

http://www.edmontonindy.com/
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...dmonton+Indy+title+sponsor/2726614/story.html

Last edited:
Yeah it sure would be cool to arrange an NSX parade or as porsche does have a place for all the porsches to park at the race. It would be even better to get on the track.

I looked into this a bit. I sent a message out to the Edmonton Indy organizers with no reply to date.
The cost to alocate space on the the race grounds for even something like a Honda show and shine will need sponsorship as it runs from $17 and up per sq. ft plus liability insurance plus Edmonton Indy canapy rentals. We are talking thousands of dollars for even a small group of cars. Cars would have to be on site before opening day and stay on site until after closing, 3 days later. (that is kinda tough to swallow, but security is very tight for this event) Now that Honda is the race sponsor, we need Honda marketing people to sponsor a show and shine type of event.
(now you know why a burger and a beer costs so much at the race!)

I got a reply from Northlands about this.
They need more informaton on how many people would want to put their car on display for a "Honda Show and Shine" during the race event.

Who out there in the Edmonton area would like to put their car on display?
There is a S2000 group working with them as well. With the limited number of NSXs in Edmonton we may want to join that group.

Please respond with your comments, suggestions, responses..
They are looking for me to reply with more info.
thanks.

I'm pretty sure some of the Edmonton S2K people are already trying to put something like this together.

They are, I am in contact with them, but very early stages. Not a lot of cars yet.
St. Petersburg S2000 group got quite involved at their race. Honda was also the sponsor, but I am not sure if any NSXs were there? Acura was a sponsored name at the event.

see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrly_ynRq7I

There is 'race week edmonton' events, information to come but you can follow it at:

http://raceweekedmonton.com/

Dan, you can only hope. It's good to dream! Honda may create some influence??

There is plenty of activity around the the race for the entire month of July. Race Week Edmonton runs for the month of July.

I just received an invite for NSXs to join a Show and Shine on July11th. No more details yet. The S2000 comunity is involved but details are not firmed up to date.

Save the date "July 11th" for the show and shine. Race Week Edmonton said they would be delighted for NSXs to join the show.
http://raceweekedmonton.com

Latest update. Northlands does have a possible venue for the local NSX group. More sponsors are always wanted. What they are looking for is local automotive business to show off their products and services. If anyone has any connections to loacal companies that would like to help out, it would really help out.

Here is Northlands' reply:
"Hey Warren,
I do have potentially some options for display involvement this year at the Indy Site that I would like to discuss with you. I am not sure if you have been to the event in the past but have developed an area on site that is a interactive display of vehicles that will range in make, model and year. The idea behind the display is to engage local car clubs and business to promote themselves by providing a visually appealing display on site and host information session directly relating to their craft. For example 15-20 min sessions that show the public how to properly change their oil or airbrush a car with flames. I am not sure if you have any members in the NSX Club that own or work as local business that are directly involved in this sort of stuff but would be an excellent opportunity to promote the club as well as their business. If this is something that may be of interest to you and the other members please do let me know otherwise I can look at some other options. I have attached an information sheet for you to view. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.
Currently we do have a sponsor of the area, a local business and two cars club involved. It think the NSX members would make a great addition.
see: http://www3.telus.net/public/warshan/Cars/aa sellsheet.pdf for more infomation

I look forward to your reply."

As details progress for the race and other events, I will keep everyone posted.

Last edited:
RACE WEEK EDMONTON UPDATE

Show and Shines

Sunday July 11 at Southgate for our all Japanese 2 seat sports car event. Miatas, RX7 ,RX8, Z cars, Honda S2000 , NSX, and Toyota MR2s. The parking area at the south end of the mall just off the Whitemud and across from the LRT. There are about 300 stalls which should allow for about 150 cars on display.

The same cars as well as other's for Saturday June 19 at the Sherwood Park Mall for a pre fathers day show.

Please let Bob Donald, Richard Skermer or myself on this forum know if you can attend either or both events.

They are excited to see some NSXs.

Come out and show off your car, and enjoy other's.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Warren

Hello Guys!

A friend of mine is on the committee of Race Week Edmonton and he said that he would help us out anyway he can. There is a meeting on Thurs. May 6 at the Aviation Museum Hangar on Kingsway at 7 pm to discuss events. I'll be there and if anyone else would like to attend.

Albert, we should all roll into the parking lot that night and rev up the engines.....see what kind of response we get. Until they see us, they won't know us.
May 6
Trev

I met with the Edmonton local S2000 group on Monday and asked about the race and cars in a show and shine at the race.

A general admission pass is given to all who partisipate for each day.
You do NOT need to commit to all days. Pick your day(s) you want to partisipate.
You can either leave your car for the day or days, but the car must be on site early before the gate opening each day and if you want remove the car after the day is done.

Please let me know and I can put your name on the list for one, two or three days.

Hey guys, the NSX community is invited to a show and shine this Sunday July 11/10 at the aviation museum. There will be an array of japanese 2 seater cars. Hope some of you can make it

Hey guys, the NSX community is invited to a show and shine this Sunday July 11/10 at the aviation museum. There will be an array of japanese 2 seater cars. Hope some of you can make it
That is a really busy Sunday for my wife and I. But I will try and make it, depending on the time. Albert?

Sorry about that guys, i should have included that in my last post. Registration starts at 8:30 am. I hope to be there about 930 or so. On my one day off i'd like to sleep in a little lol

Communication is a wonderful thing when it works.
I have been talking with the Indy (northlands) people and this was not mentioned at at all. Not on the Indy site either. It seems Honda has more info about the Indy than Northlands does. :confused:
too bad, a non-modified NSX qualifies for a track lesson the day before the race.
http://www.eurasia.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/HondaIndyEdmontonDetails3.pdf

It probably too late to register now. :mad:

Back