• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda CRX blows away our Lambo

All I can say is that car is fast.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QzP-etuL6Y8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QzP-etuL6Y8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

There are a lot of ricer mods, but a roll cage remains an attribute of a fairly serious car as a roll cage causes inconvenience, extra weight, no power increase, extra money being spent, and the girls aren't typically that impressed.

Still surprises me it pull all the way up to 160, not sure if I'd want to be in a 700hp CRX at 160mph with seemingly stock aerodynamic properties.

is it ALL that bad losing in a LAMBO? afterall, he has the lambo :biggrin:

no, but ,just to put it in perspective..... the lambo would kick the crap out of the nsx, and that crx is straight up embarrassing them

i remember seeing a vid of a CRX kicking the ever-loving crap out of an F50 on a track too..... and they own in the auto crosses. of course.... any small ass car can be made to handle amazingly

man, i would love to have a sleeper like that. that thing looks straight up worn. this guy knows exactly where to spend the money. i think driving around in that crx might be even more fun than the friggen lambo

man, i would love to have a sleeper like that. that thing looks straight up worn. this guy knows exactly where to spend the money. i think driving around in that crx might be even more fun than the friggen lambo

They are a blast to drive! I'm on my 7th one as a daily driver...:cool:

I'm not familiar with Lambo's but seeing the "M" sticker on the windshield probably assume it's a Murcielago. Altho it was considered a loss, I doubt the life of the engine in the Crx will hold. He must be punchin' holes in that engine block by now!

I'm not familiar with Lambo's but seeing the "M" sticker on the windshield probably assume it's a Murcielago. Altho it was considered a loss, I doubt the life of the engine in the Crx will hold. He must be punchin' holes in that engine block by now!

Not really, most Honda blocks and many other 4cyl engines are easily built to be amazingly reliable at those levels. My car isn't a slouch and is my daily driver. Some of my customers heavily abuse their cars in manners similar to the video many times a week all year long, all while at those same power levels. There is much fun to be had with very light cars with insane HP.

it's a B18.... nuff said.

also.... for those who think the murci isn't that fast...
0-60 mph: 3.6 sec
0-100 mph: 8.7 sec
¼ mile: 12.0 sec @ 121 mph
it's pretty fast...

and our nsx's are not that slow i blow a f430 f1 out of the water and had time to laugh at it as well

and mine has just a bbsc on it

thx amo

The 'M' part of the sticker is because it says 'MISCHEIF' on the windshield.

I rather be the loser driving the lambo :)

agreed...

Many of these ricer cars nowadays (EVO's, WRX's, and even some of the new muscle cars), put a new exhaust on em' and a quick program flash and they can hang with the big dogs (in a straight line of course :wink: ). When I bought my F350, all I did was throw on an exhaust and a chip and it pushed out nearly another 100HP. Even without the exhaust, the chip is plug and play and it still gets me another 80HP.

They are having real issues over at Ferrarichat accepting this video :tongue: Don't even want to think about how the Lamborghini guys are reacting :tongue:

This is not impossible, in High Octane they take a CRX just like this one, spend 12-13.000 USD on it and it smokes a whole bunch of cars without a sweat.

I wish I had a bigger garage so that I could build something like this as a project :redface: Seems like a blast.

Btw I think a Evo/Sti can keep up with a murcie in the corners with suspension upgrades... The Evo gives you self-confidence to go faster than you thought you could so in real life I think the Murcie owner would be more careful with the mid-engine configuration and all... Just my thoughts. Of course, I have watched Top Gear and therefore I have to believe it lol ;)

I remember my friend telling me about a Pinto that ran 8 second 1/4 miles. You can make a slow car really fast and look like a complete sleeper if you wanted to. My Grand National would have smoked the Murcielago, too. But between the Murcielago and the CRX, which would you rather pull up to valet with?

agreed...

Many of these ricer cars nowadays (EVO's, WRX's, and even some of the new muscle cars), put a new exhaust on em' and a quick program flash and they can hang with the big dogs (in a straight line of course :wink: ). When I bought my F350, all I did was throw on an exhaust and a chip and it pushed out nearly another 100HP. Even without the exhaust, the chip is plug and play and it still gets me another 80HP.

gotta love those turbo diesel trucks! my buddy's got a lifted f350 that does a12 sec. 1/4 mile!

Back