• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda NSX Own by Ayrton Senna For Sale...

IDK if real or not but if real that price seems cheap. On all the ex senna cars. Why are they not in a museum in Brazil.

Gotta say the ebay bb one sounds pretty sketchy. Chassis number 000999? Why is there no VIN in the ad? I would need some pretty solid documentation to prove the provenience before I would pay 80K or more for what might be just a nice clean low mileage 91 with lots of likely maintenance needs due to age.

I would be all over the Red one or the BB.....IF they really has C.O.A. showing that Senna actually owned it! I mean really proof, not just a foot print on the carpet.;-)

Well, while there may be some scraps of paperwork with Senna's name on it in the history files, there are no "CoA"s for these sorts of cars. Senna's sudden death precluded any such would-be buyer comforts. Maybe you can get a notarised letter or similar.

I think the red one has significant provenance as there's the famous photo of Senna washing it with a garden hose(!), and if the paperwork shows that the car hasn't had a registration plate change, that's as good as you're going to get. And from the bidding interest on the black one, I'd say there are some moneyed-up buyers who are also convinced on that. It's arguable, of course, how much Senna actually drove either.

(I'd rather have Senna's #11 W201 Mercedes 16V, which is in Mercedes' museum, and in which he did some genuinely important driving.)

Another is his F1 cars. Yes, i said F1 cars! Hard to beleive but true. On one of my yearly visits to Monterey car week, it must have been late 80's or early 90's, Senna's F1 debut car, the Toleman was at the RM auction. Went for peanuts, around $40K if my memory serves me right. The famous car he drove in Monaco when he caught up to Prost in the rain and was about to overtake him for the lead when the race was stopped.

Last edited:
Makes me kind of sad to see these cars just randomly uo for sale and not enough real interest for their historical value.

The F1 cars are usually relatively inexpensive if they aren't Ferrari's or McLaren's(atleast until the mid 1990's). The main reason is that you can't really drive them. You need significant $$$$ and a a whole crew just to do a lap on the track with them.

Makes me kind of sad to see these cars just randomly uo for sale and not enough real interest for their historical value.

Well, there's definitely something to that. If one of the sellers of these NSXs had got his act together and put them into the Silverstone Classic auction, they would doubtless have got plenty of good publicity and made very good money. (That's where a late facelift with low miles went for a total of £80,000 - about US$130,000 last month.)

I purchased this and plan to bring it to the UK where I live. I am a serious Senna fan and if anyone wants to see the car, they are more than welcome to make an appointment and come and see it.

Congrats, on owning a piece of history, mind sharing your story and pics. With us

^+1

I purchased this and plan to bring it to the UK where I live. I am a serious Senna fan and if anyone wants to see the car, they are more than welcome to make an appointment and come and see it.

That's a fine excuse to pay a visit to the UK and the offer is much appreciated.
Kindly post the story of your acquisition and pictures here for posterity.
Might come in handy someday.

That is very cool! Congratulations on the purchase, look forward to seeing more pictures and background story.

Great blog! Put this in my favorites to keep watching. I am truly very happy that this car went to a "True" fan of the greatest driver ever and I know that this car will be well cared for!

What a great read. When will this be reaching the UK?

amazing read.Thanks for joining prime!

Thank you, for sharing your blog, I really enjoy reading it

When i picked this car up last week, i met up with the guy who owns the black one and we took a picture of them outside Senna's former home in Quinta Do Lago.
More pictures on http://sennamcf.wordpress.com/. I must say his black one has been better looked after than the Red one. If i had owned the red one for the last twenty years it would be in a lot better condition. First thing i have done is ordered two new rear tyres and a new spare as all three were as bald as me!!!!
37.jpg

Great pictures. How awesome to be able to get both cars in front of Ayrton house! You stated in the blog that you are making room in a showroom, are you not going to drive this car? Looking forward to hearing more.

Back