• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Senna content coming to GT6 starting May 27th

13984211559_4649c80b75_z.jpg

Since the announcement of the partnership between Gran Turismo and the Ayrton Senna Institute last year, we’ve been working hard to reveal more details on how you can celebrate the life and achievements of the racing legend. I’m excited to share with you all that on May 27th, a new content update will be coming for GT6 owners that includes the Ayrton Senna Tribute, which is the culmination of this long term partnership. The Ayrton Senna Tribute content update will let you trace the roots of his racing career and relive some of Senna’s best moments, including his pole position laps on circuits such as Brands Hatch and Monza.
Starting May 27th, a dedicated Ayrton Senna section will become available on the main menu when you download the update. The content release includes one of Senna’s first go-karts, built by DAP, which helped start his racing career, and the Lotus 97T that Senna drove during his second Formula 1 season in 1985 when he tallied seven poles.

13984211689_d23b28937a_n.jpg
14147721086_91ed9dccfc_n.jpg

Earn a bronze or better in any of the Senna Challenges and you’ll receive the car. In addition, Senna Challenges place racers in the same courses driven by Senna, challenging them to beat his legendary lap times. Those include:

Lotus 97T
Course: Monza ’85 layout
Target Time: Senna’s pole position time 1’25.084

Lotus 97T
Course: Brands Hatch ’85 layout
Target Time: Senna’s pole position time 1’07.169

You’ll also have the option to purchase the car with in-game credits from the Ayrton Senna dealership without having to complete the seasonal event.
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out the recently updated tribute site that follows Senna’s life and career, which we’ve had the honor to work with the Senna family to produce, as well as the short film, “Ayrton’s Wish” which documents how the Ayrton Senna Institute has continued his legacy of helping shape the lives of children in Brazil on their way to success.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/12/gran-turismo-6-relive-sennas-legendary-moments/

Last edited:
Seeing as Ace Combat Infinity comes out the same day, I've got some serious decisions to make....

Last edited:
I havent downloaded this yet. I dont want to know how long it will take with Germany's horrible internet speed haha.

Everyone must be downloading this right now screen says approx time: 160 min! And it 0200 am. Do we know if the McLarens will be added to the Senna store later?

Everyone must be downloading this right now screen says approx time: 160 min! And it 0200 am. Do we know if the McLarens will be added to the Senna store later?

I've read two opinions on the McLaren situation:

1. They'll be releasing it with a second wave of events (speculation largely centered around the fact Senna's 1988 racing outfit is already in the game)

2. There are licensing issues with McLaren prevent inclusion of the MP4/4 or its likeness

Took 45 minutes for me to download / install the patch when I got home last night, but less than 30 minutes to clear all of the events with at least bronze (got a silver in the F3 car).

I did the same as you Akira, I cant imagine how to get even close to the gold with the cart. It took me 30 minutes to get that bronze. The rest were pretty easy.

Not exactly sure where they are going with this, but this was just announced today:

i1Gbg1ho420fquB.jpg

Polyphony Digital Inc. (PDI) and FIA to Form Long-term Partnership
Gran Turismo®6

The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) and the creators of the highly-acclaimed Gran Turismo® series, Polyphony Digital Inc. (PDI), today announced exciting plans for a long-term innovative partnership. The FIA’s role as the governing body of motor sport worldwide, and the representative of almost 80 million road and track users from 141 countries on five continents, will help grow the direct relationship between the millions of fans of Gran Turismo and the real-world of motor sport.

To mark the start of this collaboration, Gran Turismo®6 will become the first-ever video game to feature FIA-certified content. Gran Turismo 6 for PlayStation®3, which launched late last year, has been granted an FIA certification for four of the game’s world-famous tracks. The virtual circuits in Gran Turismo have been recreated in intricate detail. The track inspection for each was conducted by FIA officials who visited PDI’s development studio in Tokyo, where Gran Turismo 6 track models were accurately compared to FIA standards. Other tracks included in Gran Turismo 6 will be subject to inspection in order to obtain certification by the FIA in the near future.

As a second key element of the partnership, FIA & PDI plan to launch an official FIA Online Championship in 2015 with the intention of offering the large number of Gran Turismo players and motor sport fans the opportunity to engage with real motor sport.

Jean Todt, President of the FIA said: “This innovative new partnership will ensure that millions of Gran Turismo and motor sport fans can race on even more detailed tracks at home. The Gran Turismo series has played an important role in helping to attract a new fan base to motor sport. With the input of FIA in the development of the upcoming FIA Online Championship, Gran Turismo 6 will now offer an experience even closer to the real world of motor sport. We are also excited to be working closely with Polyphony Digital and Sony Computer Entertainment in the future to find new ways to continue to make motor sport more accessible to millions of fans that share a passion for racing.”

Polyphony Digital President and Gran Turismo franchise Creator, Kazunori Yamauchi: “We are incredibly proud for the Gran Turismo Series to be officially certified by the governing body of world motorsports. In the over 15 year history of Gran Turismo, this has to be the biggest accolade we have ever received. I believe this will be a major step to forward our mission to connect our virtual and real racing worlds in a full circle, thereby expanding the population of car and motorsports enthusiasts in the world."

Jacques Berger, Head of Safety at the FIA said: “It was not until we completed the tests between our track data and the game’s track data that we fully appreciated the level of work and attention to detail that goes into the development of Gran Turismo 6. It was not just the tracks that have been precisely mapped out, but also the surrounding landscapes such as the run-off areas, grandstands and buildings.”

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1153498.html

That sounds interesting.

s_fia07.jpg

More Gran Turismo FIA Online Championship Details, Begins Spring 2015

Yesterday’s announcement of Gran Turismo’s partnership with the FIA has made shockwaves around the Internet and right here at home on GTPlanet, and now we have a few early details about the FIA Online Championship – the first virtual race event to be organized and sanctioned by the world’s governing body of motorsport.

As revealed during Kazunori Yamauchi’s joint presentation with FIA president Jean Todt at the ADAC headquarters in Munich, the competition will consist of three “championships”: the “National Championship”, “Regional Championship”, and an “International Championship”.

Other details include:

• To be made accessible to all age groups.
  • A wide variety of racing categories.
  • Winner celebrated at FIA Prize Giving ceremony.
  • Delivery of a message emphasizing safety.
  • Final race to be supervised by FIA officials.

These details emphasize the high-profile nature of the competition – the “FIA Prize Giving Ceremony” is one of the most glamorous off-track events in motorsport. Typically held in Monaco or Paris, it’s where the Formula One, WRC, WTCC, WEC, and all other FIA-sanctioned world championship trophies are awarded, and next year a Gran Turismo player will be right there with them.

Check out the PitStop blog for more photos from the FIA announcement event.

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-t...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Back