• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hooking up the nsx-r wing 3rd brake light

This is the connector everyone needs, if you didn't get a promo code from me just send me a PM.

http://www.craftyplugs.com/Male-2-pin-Connector_p_19.html

If this connect is 04321-ST5305, this connector does not connect to the factory led brake light. If anyone got this to work, I would like to see some pictures. I ended up just using the pig tails and inserting the metal pins into the factory connector with some electrical tape.

If this connect is 04321-ST5305, this connector does not connect to the factory led brake light. If anyone got this to work, I would like to see some pictures. I ended up just using the pig tails and inserting the metal pins into the factory connector with some electrical tape.

The connector posted is not the (LED Light bar)connector.

Once your spoiler is removed you will see a grommet on the left side (LHD), if you remove the grommet the connector posted is underneath. Not All Aftermarket spoilers had a large enough cavity to stuff the oem wires inside of them, thus the connector under the grommet is used.

However if you wish to use the LED Light bar connector, you will need this connector

http://www.craftyplugs.com/Sealed-Male-2-pin-Connector_p_22.html

Anymore questions please let me now.

The connector posted is not the (LED Light bar)connector.

Once your spoiler is removed you will see a grommet on the left side (LHD), if you remove the grommet the connector posted is underneath. Not All Aftermarket spoilers had a large enough cavity to stuff the oem wires inside of them, thus the connector under the grommet is used.

However if you wish to use the LED Light bar connector, you will need this connector

http://www.craftyplugs.com/Sealed-Male-2-pin-Connector_p_22.html

Anymore questions please let me now.

That makes a lot of sense now. So you would have to remove the lhd rubber grommet to use the first connector we were talking about.

That makes a lot of sense now. So you would have to remove the lhd rubber grommet to use the first connector we were talking about.

That Is Correct.

If you choose to use the The connector underneath the grommet I would re-use the grommet, don't discard it with the wiring.

Just Remove the original wiring from the grommet, once its removed slide your wiring from the new spoiler through it. Either heat shrink the end or tape it up, That way the inside trunk lid stays water free.

That is a great idea. Actually I did mine a little different.

Instead of removing the original wiring from the rubber trunk grommet, I actually kept the original wiring and used an o ring removal tool to pop off the two wires from the trunk grommet connector.

Then I wired up two brand new honda pig tail wires to the new spoiler. Then it just slid into the two wires from the grommet connect, heat shrink and then wrapped with tape. So basically there are only wires going from the third brake light to the trunk grommet. No connectors involved. Hope this makes sense.

go to junk yard cut one a few off any honda and move on to the next project.

all standard 2 prong honda plug.

most junk yards will not even charge you for them I use them on everything so anything i do it reversable

Back