• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HOUSTON - Snap Ring Range

I've got a 91 in snap ring range and I want to get my transmission case replaced as preventive maintenance before the ring snaps and completely messes up my transmission. I figure it might just be cheaper to replace the case now while everything is still good before risking damage to the entire transmission. If you've done this kind of preventive maintenance where in Houston did you have the work done? How much did it cost? How was the work. I've contacted Carl from Sterling McCall and said he would be able to do the work. Has anyone taken their NSX to his powder coating shop to have work done on their NSX? Just trying to do some research before going forward with the fix. All suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bernarat

As for Carl....take a peek in the Southcentral section or do a search....he comes highly recommended.

wait until 1) it breaks or 2) clutch is worn.

THEN do it.

You'll just be throwing away money, little is to be gained by your plan. The risk of additional damage is minimal if you stop driving when/IF it manifests.

The actual risk of failure is fairly low: the odds are heavily on your side.

Drew

Back