• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hoveround/walker mods thread

With everyone making wisecracks about their hoveround / walkers on various threads , I think it is time for a separate thread for everybody to post their favorite mods for their particular assisted mobility device.

Whatta got ?

Did you get any discounts at the speed shop with your AARP card ?

Fastest lap time at the nursing home ?

Any crash and burn pics ?

Lets hear it. :eek:

< Donning flame suit >

Disclaimer - This thread is for amusement only , not to show any disrespect for those who are actually disabled. This is just a joke , have fun with it , please show a sense of humor with dignity. Thank you.

Last edited:
With everyone making wisecracks about their hoveround / walkers on various threads , I think it is time for a separate thread for everybody to post their favorite mods for their particular assisted mobility device.

Whatta got ?

Did you get any discounts at the speed shop with your AARP card ?

Fastest lap time at the nursing home ?

Any crash and burn pics ?

Lets hear it. :eek:

< Donning flame suit >
great idea, thanks for starting the thread!

my new peopleofwalmart (tm) tennis shoes came w/velcro instead of shoestrings, so i suit up and get off the line much faster now. and my hoveround came with a nice turbo / enlarged waste gate for (pardon the pun) high-end performance.

that's all i got - no smack-talkin' from me.

doug, what're you rolling w/these days?

Well Hal you've seen mine, but I'll describe it for the other guys on the board. It's a 2007 Hoveround Blade Runner. It's painted flat black with flames. Seat is black naugahyde that is pleated. It's also slammed because I am running 6" wheels on the front and 9" wheels on the back. Installed Frankenstein front lip so the ground clearance is only 10". Using a lite weight battery for weight reduction, running an international orange skull and cross bones pennant for visibility purposes. Current project includes installing an air horn for seeking up on innocent people on sidewalks or in grocery stores. Top speed is 33 when I am going down the hill in San Francisco. Quarter mile time is 14 miles per hour with an ET of two minutes and forty five seconds. Total recharge time: 6 hours.

Would like to install passenger seat behind main seat in the future. You know, for giving the chicks a ride.

I'll try to post pictures later. I had to take the battery out of my camera because my damn Miracle Ear is on the fritz again and I had to use my camera battery to boost it.

Anyone interested in group buys for hearing aids?

Last edited:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b9bh8G9QaZI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b9bh8G9QaZI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's madness alright! Where is his visibility flag?:eek:

accessories-holders.jpg

accessories-positioning.jpg

accessories-lifts.jpg

accessories-ramps.jpg

accessories-misc.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find Craig. I am running a SOS stainless steel control knob as well as their CO 2 container. I was running those TEK flip up foot plates but I kept getting my socks stuck in them. Do they give AARP discounts?

Nice find Craig. I am running a SOS stainless steel control knob as well as their CO 2 container. I was running those TEK flip up foot plates but I kept getting my socks stuck in them. Do they give AARP discounts?

I don't know. According to hoveround.com, "9 out of 10 Hoveround owners received their powerchairs at little to no cost."

I don't know if that applies to accessories or not.

Doug, for safety's sake I'd like to see you install a heads-up display. Keep your eyes on the road man!

LOL :biggrin::biggrin: That's funny Ken.

Were you guys able to get yours as part of a Medicare or Medicaid fraud program as well?

-Ridin' Dirty-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5hBT87ques&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5hBT87ques&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cragar,

i was going to post that the other day but i didn't want to get booed off the stage! i thought it was a hoot.

Were you guys able to get yours as part of a Medicare or Medicaid fraud program as well?
food stamps.

i do have to say it really jacks my jaws when the commercials say, "i didn't have to spend any of my own money". entitled or no, it really jacks my jaws that these companies push that mindset.

Just a random thought, but I was wondering if any of you Bay Area Hoverounders would be interested in forming a synchronized Hoveround team like in the video? We could perform at elementary schools, veteran's homes, parades, etc. I would envision us being something like the Blue Angeles of Hoverounds.

Some names I would propose for our group:

1. Bad Ass Hoverounds
2. Hoveround Angels (could be like Hell's Angeles or Blue Angeles depending on our uniforms.)
3. Rolling Thunder
4. Hover Thunder

If you guys are interested, I'll start designing uniforms and tattoos.

cool. i'll see if we can get our hoverounds upgraded to one of these, though i don't think we have enough time before detail day to get them painted red:

http://images.google.com/images?q=h...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQsAQwAw

Hal, that's HOVERCRAFT not HOVEROUND. Are you reading these threads with your glasses on?

I know sometimes when my Mirical Ear is on the fritz I can't read a damn thing that's not in large print.

Let us know Pal. In the future we'll print these posts in large print in order for you to understand.

Only on Prime. Love it

-Ridin' Dirty-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5hBT87ques&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5hBT87ques&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

~ Old school full race model ~

wheelchair.jpg

Aren't you afraid of body parts dangling in front of the jet engine might get suck into the intake?:eek: I know Doug, Ken, and Hal are.:biggrin:

Aren't you afraid of body parts dangling in front of the jet engine might get suck into the intake?:eek: I know Doug, Ken, and Hal are.:biggrin:

I don't think they are. Depends can serve multiple purposes.

Back