• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How big of a shot?

I was wondering how big a shot of NOS can you safely run on a totally stock motor? I was talking with a fellow owner yesterday and he quoted a number that seemed rather high but I didn't know so I didn't question it at the time.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by nsxlover:
125 shot. With 150 I would do the internals of the engine.
for myself I have settled on a rather odd shot. 112 producing 354 at the wheels.I myself dont feel comfortable going higher but does not mean you cant on stock internals.seems several people are running much larger direct port shots but 112 is the limit for me which is a personal choice.I decided 125 as rob stated above was the limit and backed off a little.btw ROB sorry I missed you while you were in FL but as you know its the nature of our business.did you get your internals finished yet?
David

Mine is a direct port which is most likely the only way for this high...

I know another that runs a 130-140 shot on a single fogger after the intake and runs consistent high 11's at the track.

I currently run the BBSC and was toying with the idea of maybe like a 50-75 dry shot. Does anybody forsee a prob with that?

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I will be running a twin turbo and a 125 shot of NOS when my car gets done.

Badcarma,
Fla was a blast, I have sent my resume to a few recruiters in the St. Pete and clearwater area. I have had it with the cold weather. I am still waiting for the cylinder sleeves from Darton. Should not be too much longer.

Rob

Well I plan to go 2 stage 150 direct port and 50 shot with a single fogger. But my engine is gonna be fully built I'm waiting for my block from Darton also its been 4 months. I hoping to push around 350 to 360 rwhp on motor and 500 to 550 on the juice. The car has everything its a 3.3L not a 3.0 anymore it has custom headgaskets, 11:2:1 pistons, ported heads larger intake and exhaust valves, larger throttle body and more. I'll be taking pics and posting them soon the block should be released by the end of Nov so will see.

Originally posted by NosNsx:
Well I plan to go 2 stage 150 direct port and 50 shot with a single fogger. But my engine is gonna be fully built I'm waiting for my block from Darton also its been 4 months. I hoping to push around 350 to 360 rwhp on motor and 500 to 550 on the juice. The car has everything its a 3.3L not a 3.0 anymore it has custom headgaskets, 11:2:1 pistons, ported heads larger intake and exhaust valves, larger throttle body and more. I'll be taking pics and posting them soon the block should be released by the end of Nov so will see.

Uhh, wow, how much did all that cost??

Originally posted by NosNsx:
Around $8,000 but its weel worth it.

Nice, do you have pictures?
Also, does that price include your NOS system, or is that just the motor work.

Nope thats just motor work I will be receiving the block from Darton on Dec 12 and also I will be getting the new style sleeves that will be released on Jan 1, 2003. I will be posting pics of the heads, headgaskets, and block and everything I guess.

Back