• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you get in to your NSX?

In seven and a half years, I have hit my head aginst the top so hard that I'll never forget it, twice.

I put my right leg in, followed by an attempt to avoid the bolster while getting in. As my car already has 80K miles on it, I'm torn between preventing further damage to the bolster, or forgetting about it and figuring that I'll have the bolster replaced some time anyway.

I always had a habit of putting my coffee on the roof while I slide into the car. When I got my NSX I only did that a few times before getting a Venti Traditional in the lap and all over the driveway! I guess the NSX has a slightly more sloped roof than my Infiniti.

wink.gif
i would only expect to see a thread like this here.

biggrin.gif

Moving the seat all the way back is a good idea... I did it for a while but decided I can use my current method and save the motors from burning out sooner.
biggrin.gif

And as far as butt in, swing legs in after method... I think that will wear the seat material your ass is sitting on.
smile.gif

My method reduces seat motor wear, as well as wearing out the seat cushioning because you are rubbing too much!

biggrin.gif

OK... sorry....
smile.gif

im tellin ya, my proven partial body building method works!!!

no sliding, your arse only touches when you lower it into place. i have had momentary concerns about punching my right leg through the floorboard but so far so good.

AND my bolsters look newer than when i bought it!

Dependz, if I'm wearing pants or dress/skirt.... pants... booty first and swing my legs in .... dress/skirt.... verrrrry carefully... . :wink:

LOL: If she had only taken a pic !

I Grok NSX said:
Well, it's official - my wife thinks I'm nuts and thinks you all are nuts too.

I was practicing getting into my NSX, doing the right foot in - left hand on the sill - placing butt on the center of the seat - thing and she just stood there and shook her head. I didn't see her watching me so I'm not sure how many times she saw me do it, but it was enough to prompt a "Oh my God!" hiss.

She asked me why I was getting in and out and back in to the car. I told her that I asked you good people on the forum what the best way was to get in the car to prevent wear and tear on the seat bolster.

She just shook her head and mummbled something about you and your friends are freeking nuts, and walked off.

LMBO!!! I'm visualizing someone getting in/out/in/out of the car and I'm sorry, but it is just tooo funny!!! I would be so embarassed if someone saw me but something I so would do. LOL. Even now, if there's a piece of bird poo or a dust mark, I have my microfiber cloth sitting right behind my seat, so it's super accessible, and upon immediate detection of the forementioned, I use the cloth to remove the debris. I have seen a couple people looking at me, like "gawd, obsess, much?" Well, all I can say is if you don't own one, you just may never get it :wink:

I put my left hand on the left side bolster and use it as a cusion, so I don't scuff the leather. I wear jeans, so it's hard on the bolster.

I Grok NSX said:
This might be a goofy question but I’m going to ask it anyway because I want my seats to last as long as possible.
How do you get in to your NSX?

Good question. I was wondering about the same thing. I've been kind of falling into the seat. lol. I def dont want to wear out the bolsters though...

"Re: How do you get in to your NSX?"

This leads to the next logical question....."How do you get out of your NSX?"......or perhaps combine these questions to "How do you get in and out of your NSX?"

I put my right foot in. . . i put my right foot out. . . and i shake it all about. I do the hoki poki and i turn myself around. That is what it is all about.

Actually, i adjust my steering wheel when i get in and out of my car to provide more room.

I can't really describe it, but I put my right foot in and then do a controlled fall into my car. I can drop right into the middle of the drivers seat without rubbing the bolster at all.

Getting out, that's the hard part. :)

I have one of these that use to get in my car. You should see the looks I get setting it up in parking lots. :biggrin:
slide.jpg

Hi

I am not sure how I get into my NSX. I try to rub and rotate as little as possible.

However I know that I lift my butt from the seat and then rotate with my butt in the air when I get out.

(Damn..can't believe I have replied to this thread...:smile: )

Life would have been easier without this NSX obsession. But not as enjoyable though.

Regards

haha... some great responses (especially the ones not being serious). Has anyone checked the NSX Manual to see how Honda recommends we get into the car? :D

Another tip to reduce wear on the seats is to buy a lambskin cover or one made of beads. :p :D

MiamiMermaid said:
Dependz, if I'm wearing pants or dress/skirt.... pants... booty first and swing my legs in .... dress/skirt.... verrrrry carefully... . :wink:

You may get requests for a video clip demonstrating how you get into your NSX. :rolleyes: Just preparing you. :D

NeoNSX said:
You may get requests for a video clip demonstrating how you get into your NSX. :rolleyes: Just preparing you. :D

What can I say.. I would download for sure :biggrin:

Regards

I apply an ample amount of leather conditioner on my butt, then slide and wiggle as much as I can while entering and exiting the car. I actually get to conditioninig the seats the more I get into and out of the car. ;)

Back