• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you get in to your NSX?

Getting in is the easy part...it`s getting out that`s the problem! Trying to look graceful is always a challenge.

I worn the side bolster when getting out of the car. I use it as leverage and cannot avoid sliding on it. Plus it being daily car does not help. Getting in is rather easy since I'm only 5"6 I just drop in my butt and swing my legs in.

I don't understand....if the concern is the wear and tear of the seat, wouldn't a simple thing like a seat cover help to cut down on the rubbing and protect the seats at the same time? :biggrin:

DrVolkl said:
Getting in is the easy part...it`s getting out that`s the problem! Trying to look graceful is always a challenge.

I agree.
I don’t know how I get in. I will check after I post this.
I do have a technique for getting out that involves putting a hand on the door sill thing but I don’t even know the details because it’s a kind of muscle memory thing.

What a great question!

Regards,

Patrick

Ps if you think getting in and out of an NSX is hard, try an Elise with a hard top. It’s crazy!

djjoonie said:
You guys actually open the door of ur nsx?:confused:
i enter through the window all the time.:confused:

Now who in their right mind would do that?? :biggrin:

250px-General.jpg

DocL said:
I have one of these that use to get in my car. You should see the looks I get setting it up in parking lots. :biggrin:
slide.jpg
LOL.....Yay.gif

didn't ever have any problem with stock seat, it's slipery and the side is kind of worn anyway... (bought mine used at 97k)

After I had the recaro SPG, I have to do couple experiments before I found out what's best for not hurting myself and not damaging the seat fabric.

Here's my drill. Getting out:

1. raise the steering wheel (I love the nsx adj. it's fast and easy unlike other cars that had eletric adj. or the unlock, move, lock mechanism)

2. left hand on door side sill, right hand on center console, lift body (butt) up

3. Because of the height difference of the console and door jam, your body natually leaning out, move your left/ right foot out...

4. Done... you are out..

Getting in.

1. right foot in

2. left hand on door jam, starting shifting your weight inside, then your right hand will naturally on top of the console..

3. adjust position mid air, dump your butt into the seat.

Couple draw backs for this:

1. it'll be tough to get out like that in tight parking space... or say, when you are wearing suit.. (went into job interview one time driving nsx, never ever wanted to do that again.) You couldn't carry your 24 oz. soft drink and the #3 Mcdonald meal while you getting out of the car... The lack of free hands also avoid you to get in/out in circustances you have to hold door from hitting someone else's car. (on an inclinde)

this is good or bad, you don't want to replace your center consold or door sill with CF products, I'm not sure if they could withstand the weight, but even getting in /out will scratch the coating...

Come to think of it, I think my in/out postion could be used on girls wearing skirt...... Hmmm, I should experiment that... (not myself, but ;) )

NeoNSX said:
I get in with my LEFT FOOT FIRST.... :D
Strange...
don’t you guys down-under just HOP in?

Getting out: (ok, mega off topic)
My wife climbs out on her hands and knees. Even in parking lots and especially when lots of people are looking.
I’ve considered divorce.

Back