• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How fast have you taken your NSX up to?

Just curious about who really takes it to the extreme?
smile.gif

Only 160 a couple of times. After that the auto speed-limiter kicked in: "Can you slow it down to at least 125?" It's okay though, I divorced her.

Hey I have one of those auto speed-limiters. It automatically works in every car we own. Have to admit she has saved me alot of $$$$$ in speeding tickets. I'm keeping mine though!!

Originally posted by ChopsJazz:
Only 160 a couple of times. After that the auto speed-limiter kicked in: "Can you slow it down to at least 125?" It's okay though, I divorced her.

168 according to the speedo.
won't go any faster.. i tried.
smile.gif

it was at night with the headlights up... so i don't know if that had anything to do with it.
and um.. i was on a racetrack of course.

------------------
'94 NSX black on black
'01 IS300
'93 del Sol -turbo integra powered- SOLD

168 at night?! Hope you had a bright full moon...

140-ish at the Glen for me. And it was the daytime...
wink.gif

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

176 in my 92 with 30k miles. RM intake, exhaust, headers, Dali light weight fly wheel and clutch.
Here is how it went. I was on an Alabama highway (nice bright lights) 3:30am with 4 Local police officers I worked with on the side of the road with a radar gun. My NSX was at 171 on the spedo and would not go any more so when I was about 1 mile from the radar gun I hit the Horn. Cool thing is I had an RM Nitrous kit installed 80 hp, (horn switch activation). When I passed the rader site they got 176 on the clock. I had the nitrous on for about 15 seconds and that is aboutt the time limit for an NOS system. I am working on my 2002 right now. I want to see at least 180 or so with out the nitrous.

Originally posted by Brody:
Just under 160 twice.The front end gets a little "loose" at that speed.
Loose?? What do you mean? There was a bend in the freeway right after I hit 168 and the car handled it beautifully. In fact.. I didn't even think twice about it. Maybe I should have. Or maybe I'm nuts. Oh well, they would have pulled me from the wreckage only to find a HUGE smile on my face.
smile.gif

------------------
'94 NSX black on black
'01 IS300
'93 del Sol -turbo integra powered- SOLD

[This message has been edited by supergreen125 (edited 11 March 2003).]

Maxed out Just shy of 170 mph going down hill in Texas on the Players Run. Just trying to keep up with everyone else!
Good thing it was not my car! Just kidding Nick :] Avg was 120 to 130 most of the six days. Below 100 was rare!

About 130-ish on I55. I get a little nervous at speeds higher than that, as the little white stripes in the road seem to be whizzing by much faster at that speed than they used to in my Porsche. 148mph in my Porsche.

Regards.

Originally posted by AJKS:
176 in my 92 with 30k miles. RM intake, exhaust, headers, Dali light weight fly wheel and clutch.
Here is how it went. I was on an Alabama highway (nice bright lights) 3:30am with 4 Local police officers I worked with on the side of the road with a radar gun. My NSX was at 171 on the spedo and would not go any more so when I was about 1 mile from the radar gun I hit the Horn. Cool thing is I had an RM Nitrous kit installed 80 hp, (horn switch activation). When I passed the rader site they got 176 on the clock. I had the nitrous on for about 15 seconds and that is aboutt the time limit for an NOS system. I am working on my 2002 right now. I want to see at least 180 or so with out the nitrous.

OMG can I come visit you sometime and have your officer buddies clock me? I'd love to actually be able to speed and not have to waste attention worrying about cops. That's an awesome story.

[This message has been edited by rmani (edited 11 March 2003).]

I know this is lame, but 125 on Texas motor speedway... I haven't gone faster than that on public roads.

I wish I had someplace to top out the car over here, but our roads have such bad potholes from the snowplows in the winter. They knock you out at 75-80, I wouldn't want to hit one at triple digits. I guess I'll have to wait to get to the track this spring
smile.gif

Aaron

I get this question all the time. My answer is:

"I have no idea, the speedometer only goes up to 180."

But, I'll have to give credit to Barn Man for teaching me that quote.

Originally posted by AaronR:
I guess I'll have to wait to get to the track this spring

You're not likely to go anywhere near top speed on a road course; it's tough to get much over 140, even those with long straights. Unless you're running a full high-banked oval, that is.

Back