• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How fast have you taken your NSX up to?

Maxed out Just shy of 170 mph going down hill in Texas on the Players Run. Just trying to keep up with everyone else!
Good thing it was not my car! Just kidding Nick :] Avg was 120 to 130 most of the six days. Below 100 was rare!
A hill in Texas where?
biggrin.gif

160 for me

Originally posted by MatDj:
110 on a bridge in Minneapolis.

Right! Anyone can drive 160+ out on the open highway, but what about in the middle of our largest cities? For example, how many of us have driven our NSX 116 mph on Lake Shore Drive approaching Oak Street Beach?

Originally posted by stevefromatl:
I get this question all the time. My answer is:

"I have no idea, the speedometer only goes up to 180."

But, I'll have to give credit to Barn Man for teaching me that quote.

Thats a good one. I'll have to remember that, I get asked at least twice a week.

Got her up to 140 once on a straight flat country road. Could see for miles, but decided to slow down since the speed limit was only 45. I got clocked one time by a plane and I have been paranoid ever since.

[This message has been edited by jlindy (edited 11 March 2003).]

Haven't really had the opportunity yet to get the NSX up to speed, 100 mph a couple of times, but my daily driver Integra GSR was rock solid at 134 and still creeping.

------------------
1991 Red/Ivory #2055 1991 GMC Syclone-For Sale
1998 Integra GSR

[This message has been edited by Zipy (edited 11 March 2003).]

Originally posted by stevefromatl:
I get this question all the time. My answer is:
"I have no idea, the speedometer only goes up to 180."
But, I'll have to give credit to Barn Man for teaching me that quote.

LOL ... that is a REALLY good response... gonna use that myself too.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

So here I sit in Amsterdam reading this thread as I get ready to drive into Germany, man do I wish I had my NSX!

How cool it would be to have it over here seeing just how it handled at high speeds in an environment where it is not only legal, but where people really do follow the rules of the road and approach driving with a professionalisim we just don't see in the states, no "left lane bandits" here (Except the tourists of course).

All I have to look forward to is getting blown off by the fast Porsches, Mercedes and BMWs on the Autobahn as I tool along in a rented Ford that probably tops out at 150 KPH, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

[This message has been edited by Paul65K (edited 12 March 2003).]

Originally posted by Paul65K:
So here I sit in Amsterdam reading this thread as I get ready to drive into Germany, man do I wish I had my NSX!
All I have to look forward to is getting blown off by the fast Porsches, Mercedes and BMWs on the Autobahn as I tool along in a rented Ford that probably tops out at 150 KPH, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Next time you visit Amsterdam let us know on the Europa chapter and we'll be happy to entertain you on the Autobahn by NSX.
smile.gif

Of course, this goes for all you guys across the Atlantic.

Originally posted by mother goose:
Next time you visit Amsterdam let us know on the Europa chapter and we'll be happy to entertain you on the Autobahn by NSX.
smile.gif

Of course, this goes for all you guys across the Atlantic.
Thanks Mother Goose, I get over 5 - 6 times per year and I will certainly take you up on your offer.

Cheers!

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar) - For Sale
98 GMC Sierra
00 HD Dyna WideGlide
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

Originally posted by Hideki:
I wonder if there is any public roads/highways in the U.S. where no speed limit regulated.

Years and years ago Nevada had no speed limit(s) in the "unpopulated" areas, but that all changed with the Federal 55 Mandate of the late 70's. BTW that was before I was old enough to drive, my daddy told me about it on his knee (not!).

When the Federal speed limits were lifted a few years ago I remember Montana boasting about no posted speed limits in unpopulated areas, I believe the standard was "reasonable speeds", but I'm sure that some tree hugging, left wing, environmental/animal rights, bleeding heart organization has by now lobbied the proper "pork barreled" government "hacks" into changing what was probably one of the last bastions of personal freedom in the USA!

Do you think I left out any cliché's?

Originally posted by UrbanPilot:
I think that I can say that the cops are pretty cool in Fort Worth!

Anyone else agree?

When the cops are blocking off the interstate to let a procession of NSXs pass by, they are definitely cool. The only place I have ever seen that is in Fort Worth.

Originally posted by Paul65K:
When the Federal speed limits were lifted a few years ago I remember Montana boasting about no posted speed limits in unpopulated areas, I believe the standard was "reasonable speeds", but I'm sure that some cliché cliché cliché

Montana never boasted about the lack of posted speed limits, and there were speed limits, just not an explicit speed stated as the limit. The standard was "reasonable and prudent". While there was no specified limit and they won't pull you over for doing 80, they would pull you over there just as fast for triple-digit speeds as in the other 49 states.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 12 March 2003).]

I have seen 160 mph in my NSX on the way home from an autocross on a DESERTED stretch of straight highway...zoooom!
smile.gif

------------------
Mason
Tire Rack sales...contact me for all your wheel and tire needs.
1-800-428-8355
Ext. 619

1991 Acura NSX (auto)
2002 Honda S2000
1996 Acura Integra GSR
1990 Honda Accord EX
2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Montana never boasted about the lack of posted speed limits, and there were speed limits, just not an explicit speed stated as the limit. The standard was "reasonable and prudent". While there was no specified limit and they won't pull you over for doing 80, they would pull you over there just as fast for triple-digit speeds as in the other 49 states.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 12 March 2003).]
speedsgn1.gif

http://www.hwysafety.com/hwy_montana_2001.htm

good read, tells a lot about the montana controversy...

[This message has been edited by KODIAC (edited 12 March 2003).]

148 mph on the way to Bakersfield on I-5 North. Held it for approx 20-25 minutes. I wanted to go faster but each Semi truck I blew by scared the poop out of me!

I peeled off "several" dead dragonflies stuck between my front grill the next morning. 3 were the size of my palm. Must have run thru a family of them. Yuck!!!
I also scared the "poop" out of them too!!! hehehehe.

150, had to slow down as the road was coming to an end. I didn't want to miss the left where the road Tee's on my way to work.

Back