• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How fast in your NSX?

145 multiple times on the track. Anything over 100 on public roads is advertising how stupid you really are.

Been 150 on the Turnpike in remote areas while no one around.
Wondering about going to top speed.

Agree, it would be stupid to go over 100 with other cars on the roadway.

I have been up to 125 MPH once on the freeway; it was as smooth as glass. I would say it was equivalent to 65 or 70 in a normal sedan. The only problem is closing on traffic in front of you happens way faster then you expect.

135 on the 73 at 3AM on a sunday morning.

The car felt a little light up front but I didn't have the front lip spoiler then..

Please let me know your specifics so I can take out that million dollar life insurance policy on you naming me as the beneficiary. Then I can buy all the go fast on the TRACK parts I could ever want!!!!!

Could've sworn that I read somewhere that a stock NSX is only good for about 170.

150 and I noticed a little intermittant vibration. I'm also running a 18/19 combo on 30 series tire:D When my car was stock, 150 was smooth. On my 01 929cbr, 171mph. That was scary.

172 on the German Autobahn between Darmstadt and Frankfurt, almost no traffic, sunny, no wind and about 40 degrees. There's a very straight 12 miles with no speed limits.

It felt solid and was still pulling, but not "kick in the pants" hard. Don't know the RPMs as my eyes were glued to the blur ahead of me!

Stock tires and wheels, no front spoiler.

Don

130 in the NSX - back road
130 in the GSR Turbo - RA track
150 in the GSR Turbo - back road
165 on a ZX7 - back road

I know people bitch all the time about doing these speeds on public roads, but most of these cars can hit these speeds in under 1 mile, and you can find a back road quite easily with no driveways or side roads during the day with no traffic and open fields on both sides so animal encounters are minimal.

Now doing a top speed run on a busy interstate etc IS stupid!

Above 165 a couple times with my frist NSX in 2000.

Maximum 150 with the silver (but I know somebody from the north pole that drove it faster, true M.? :p ;) ) and 140 with my black.

The older... the slower.

Yes, have done over 150mph on numerous occasions.

Best ever was the trip back home with a friend in CTSC-NSX last April 2003. Driving back from the Sachsenring in former East-Germany (Chemnitz) back to home in Rotterdam.
Distance is about 470 miles. Left the hotel in centre of Chemnitz around 08:30am in the Sunday-morning, home in Rotterdam at 13:00pm. Weather was excellent, German autobahn was very empty and we could do between 150-174mph (240-280 kph) for almost constantly, only having to stop for refueling. Have parts of it on video too. Only had to slow down on some parts where there was a speed limit.
The last 100 miles though, we were back in Holland again and there, travelling at 75mph was really horrible. So slow !! :)

Just love the NSX. :)

Here is what happenes when you have closed off stretches of road and are a lucky guy like me.

Acura NSX-------------------- 160 mph

Lamborghini Diablo SV----- 162 mph

Ferrari 348ts----------------- 170 mph

Porsche 911 C4------------- 180 mph

I have lost track of the amount of cars where over 150 mph has been achieved, so those are just a couple of highlights. :D

By the way....without the lower front lip spoiler on the car, the NSX lifts its front end at high speeds...I would recommend having that on there before trying a high speed run. ;)

Please let me know your specifics so I can take out that million dollar life insurance policy on you naming me as the beneficiary.

&

Anything over 100 on public roads is advertising how stupid you really are.

Easy there, Hoss, lighten up a bit, ok? Because.......

.....but most of these cars can hit these speeds in under 1 mile, and you can find a back road quite......

However, I do agree with......

Now doing a top speed run on a busy interstate etc IS stupid!

146 on a backroad with nothing around. It takes so long to get up there that I am not going to bother trying anymore...

Back