• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How is the second generation build quality?

Mac 720 for me. That thing doesn't even look good with beer goggles. Wtf is up with those headlights?

because you have to wear the goggles....

because you have to wear the goggles....

oh-so-thats-how-beer-goggles-work.jpeg

haha. I think this thread has veered off course a bit.

Regarding the initial question of build quality, I think there can be significant improvements made. Lots of the interior squeeks and rattles under different rpm ranges. So much that there is actually a new post every day in the second generation fb group about this very issue.

To top it all off, lots of the materials and equipment used in the car does not scream "200k SUPERCAR". The infotainment SUCKS, the controls are clumsy, and the "fake" looking metal just makes you feel cheap.

Despite a lot of these things, the NSX is a good car. It definitely drives well and the way its set up masks that it is in fact a 3800+ lb machine. The different modes are nice and I actually find myself appreciating it more and more, especially when I cruise around in my neighborhood early in the morning / late at night.

The bottom line is that at its initial price point of 200K, it's not worth it. With the incentives and now prices stooping to 120-150k, i think there is very few cars that can compete with it in its segment.

btw heres a pic of me from a track event last weekend. Good times.

Last edited:
Once you’re in a Mclaren driving under a glass roof and have unlimited visibility wrapped with fine interior materials, the exterior you could care less about. If you’re in a 720 to boot, even 1000 plus hell cats cannot take you from a dig.
That car is just everything we all wanted in our own nsx’s. Brutal power and light weight.

Once you’re in a Mclaren driving under a glass roof and have unlimited visibility wrapped with fine interior materials, the exterior you could care less about. If you’re in a 720 to boot, even 1000 plus hell cats cannot take you from a dig.
That car is just everything we all wanted in our own nsx’s. Brutal power and light weight.

Agreed, hypercar performance. but it's also 2x-3x the price point. Let's keep that in mind. If I could ball one i'd have one. but i can't.

As ive said before, NSX at 200k is terrible. NSX at 130-140k is unbeatable. IMHO, of course.

Agreed, hypercar performance. but it's also 2x-3x the price point. Let's keep that in mind. If I could ball one i'd have one. but i can't.

As ive said before, NSX at 200k is terrible. NSX at 130-140k is unbeatable. IMHO, of course.

Exactly how I feel about my NSX.....

I sold a 61 Corvette and 2 vintage formula race cars that I had not driven in 8 years to finance my NSX purchase. I figured "WTF" why not...... The $140K I paid for my moderately loaded car was the upper limits of what I could afford. I decided not to let fear of depreciation deter me from buying the car. If it does, so be it, but all of the cars I have bought in the last 35 years were bought out of passion not because I felt they would appreciate, but in the end, most have doubled or tripled in value. Time will tell. I could have waited to see what happened to prices, but, with a massive discount of $43K, I felt like I couldn't pass on this opportunity to buy the car and risk not being able to buy one in the future, so I pulled the trigger, and I'm quite happy with my purchase. The fact that they sold 3 last month, or how badly Honda has and continues to handle the NSX project does not change how I feel about the car, how it performs, looks, handles, etc.

The hardest thing for me right now is trying to figure out how many miles to drive the car. How many miles is too many, and how does it affect the value of the car?? I'm thinking maybe something like 4-5K miles a year would be about right. In 10 years (when I'm 70!) I'll have 50K miles on the clock. What good I a great car that just sits in the garage under a cover it's whole life???? This car was built to drive, and I'd hope that it can do those 50K miles trouble free...... Again, only time will tell.

Simply put, there may be better cars, but none were affordable or desirable to me. I still consider it a supercar bargain.

Last edited:
The hardest thing for me right now is trying to figure out how many miles to drive the car. How many miles is too many, and how does it affect the value of the car?? I'm thinking maybe something like 4-5K miles a year would be about right. In 10 years (when I'm 70!) I'll have 50K miles on the clock. What good I a great car that just sits in the garage under a cover it's whole life???? This car was built to drive, and I'd hope that it can do those 50K miles trouble free...... Again, only time will tell.

there's no reason to think the NSX wouldn't handle 50,000 miles with ease. any of the crop of Supercars from the last decade plus will easily handle that mileage. i've seen 458's with almost that many hard track miles. and if any, you would expect the Honda to last the longest...

Exactly how I feel about my NSX.....

I sold a 61 Corvette and 2 vintage formula race cars that I had not driven in 8 years to finance my NSX purchase. I figured "WTF" why not...... The $140K I paid for my moderately loaded car was the upper limits of what I could afford. I decided not to let fear of depreciation deter me from buying the car. If it does, so be it, but all of the cars I have bought in the last 35 years were bought out of passion not because I felt they would appreciate, but in the end, most have doubled or tripled in value. Time will tell. I could have waited to see what happened to prices, but, with a massive discount of $43K, I felt like I couldn't pass on this opportunity to buy the car and risk not being able to buy one in the future, so I pulled the trigger, and I'm quite happy with my purchase. The fact that they sold 3 last month, or how badly Honda has and continues to handle the NSX project does not change how I feel about the car, how it performs, looks, handles, etc.

Simply put, there may be better cars, but none were affordable or desirable to me. I still consider it a supercar bargain.

ditto, except I sold a C5 Z06.

Overall fit and finish, quality is good ...

I dont understand why most the reviews said it is "Cheap" inside, and gorgeous outside ... it is true that many "metal look plastic" inside, but way nicer than those in MDX/RDX etc Acura, interior is very luxury, kind of feel like Porsche 991.1 to me. (nothing's special, similar to another Porsche, but nice)

I still have the "Wind noise" problem, and my service advisor knows about it, just no time for me to drop it off yet ..

^^^^
I agree. I don't think the new NSX is particularly "cheap" inside. A McLaren, Ferrari, or Lambo it is not, but all the same, the most desirable of those cars are much more expensive than a NSX.

Look at the corvette ZR-1 !! The NSX interior by compare is superior! And the ZR 1 is about the same price!

(But to be fair, interior of new Corvette is so much nicer than before!

Look at the corvette ZR-1 !! The NSX interior by compare is superior! And the ZR 1 is about the same price!

(But to be fair, interior of new Corvette is so much nicer than before!

How is it better? Design? Materials? Smell? fit and finish? Throw the LC Lexus in the mix and both have inferior interiors.

At least the GM vehicle ur not stuck with stock HP..... laptop and connectivity to the ECU with proper software and the ski is the limit. Acura have always been the lame duck on allowing ECU access.

We love our car!

Own the car before you criticize it is our take....if you owned the car and later sold it, that would be the only time you can "knock" the car.

here's ours:

the color under lighting is just pure orgasmic :)

I hate young rich guys playing with hypercars............:redface:.....I be hatin cuz I aint partaykin....:tongue:

The NSX doesn't look like a Camaro from the side.
Camaro and NSX at the same scale (one pixel = 5.58mm) and with the steering wheels/headrests lined up:

nsxcamaro.jpg

Same but superimposed to show how much shorter the NSX hood is:

nsxcamarotrans.jpg

we performed a trollectomy....:wink:

There is nothing remotely "sporty" looking about the Camaro. It's the titanic on wheels. All it needs is a turret and some treads and it's ready for battle.

Who said NSX looks like Camaro? Again, can't compare NSX to the Lexus LC interior (which is .. the BEST!) it is more or less as Lexus RC/RCF ... Even look at BMW i8 interior, looks nice and cold, but the fit and finish, materials are not that great ...

Who said NSX looks like Camaro? Again, can't compare NSX to the Lexus LC interior (which is .. the BEST!) it is more or less as Lexus RC/RCF ... Even look at BMW i8 interior, looks nice and cold, but the fit and finish, materials are not that great ...
Earlier today there were posts likening the NSX to a Camaro (from the front, anyway) and asking about how long the hood was. They were removed, but I didn't know that when I posted the Camaro+NSX pics in response.

I thought at certain angles it looks like the Camaro, especially the blue car above with that front view. The placement of the headlights makes the hood look high.

Poking around through ads again and the car I was interested in has moved from the Acura dealer in PA to Marshall Goldman in Ohio, with the asking price reduced another $5,000 from the number the Acura dealer wrote up for me. And Marshall Goldman is high on every car they advertise! Someone could probably buy that 1,000 mile car at $60,000 under MSRP. At some number the car gets interesting...

Back