• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many GT one exhaust are in the USA

GT-One 5.1 dual tips. Run it with cats, tried test pipes but found it too loud for me. Was able to get it shipped directly to my office, no customs.

I agree with Joe above, with windows down it sounds great inside, but fairly quiet with windows up. Behind the car is another story!:eek:

Anyways I got lucky with mine as it came with the car but I think mine is pretty rare: GT-Rom GT-One Ver5.1 Stainless Steel with factory issue Single Titanium Tip :biggrin:

If I was a betting man I would say those are the standard issue SS tips. Just made blue to look like Ti. Just like all the v5.1 ones from GT-One. The only thing that is "rare" is the single tip vs dual tip finishers.

GT-One 5.1 dual tips. Run it with cats, tried test pipes but found it too loud for me. Was able to get it shipped directly to my office, no customs.

I agree with Joe above, with windows down it sounds great inside, but fairly quiet with windows up. Behind the car is another story!:eek:

I really have to let someone drive my NSX so I can hear it from behind!!!

Inside the cabin at highway speeds it's very mellow - easily carry a conversation on a bluetooth headset. Windows down I can hear it quite a bit but only when you get on the throttle.....perfect mix!

My e46 m3 exhaust is much throatier but gets annoying if you are sitting in the back seat or trying to talk on your cell.

rick

Very pretty, but have these actually been tested to make any power?

Every bend restricts flow. These things look like pretzels. I mean it looks like the exhaust gas is doing a 720 loop before finally making it out to the atmosphere.

I'm not questioning the artwork or craftsmanship, but the functional design has me stumped.

Very pretty, but have these actually been tested to make any power?

Every bend restricts flow. These things look like pretzels. I mean it looks like the exhaust gas is doing a 720 loop before finally making it out to the atmosphere.

I'm not questioning the artwork or craftsmanship, but the functional design has me stumped.

it does not matter...with the sound it produces...it simply does not matter lol...

Mines not 'GT one' but I have the original tunable stainless (with the rings) that Comptech made. 4 small pipes out the back. Pretty cool. Break open the canister and insert rings for more back pressure, or remove as the case may be. You can shift the power-band a little. Louder = more power in the higher revs. Quieter = more power lower revs.

God I hope I remembered that right.

Either way I love that exhaust note.

anyone have any experience with this exhaust?

ZAZ F599

syouhin.jpg

syouhin02.jpg

so can you not order from GT-Rom.net? their website says they ship to the US

I was planning on buying the v5 with the valve this summer

Don't do it:biggrin:

really? well as long as it comes eventually, it would be worth the wait :)

why is that? :confused:

2nd that. Don't deal with them. I tried it a while back. Communication was good until I sent them a payment, then I never heard anything. They wanted a bank transfer payment, but I told them I would only do credit card (in case there was a problem) Good thing I did that and my credit card company reversed the charge.

2nd that. Don't deal with them. I tried it a while back. Communication was good until I sent them a payment, then I never heard anything. They wanted a bank transfer payment, but I told them I would only do credit card (in case there was a problem) Good thing I did that and my credit card company reversed the charge.

well damn that sucks to hear, I was really hoping to get the V5

and I don't see the GT design exhaust listed on umbrella auto design's site anymore either :(

ZAZ F599
Looking at the design I'd say that it probably produces a throatier sound than the V5.1. Piping diameter looks pretty large.

And the "pretsel" seems to have no function since all pipes go through the large muffler anyway - no bypass pipes, like the GT-One F1, Gt-Design, Bel Canto (and Kreissiegs systems!) etc, which i think is the key to the high pitch sound of these exhausts.

why is that? :confused:

See above. And many other horror stories like it.

ZAZ F599

syouhin.jpg

syouhin02.jpg
I'll be damned. lol Route KS took that muffler!!! That was the original Bel Canto Design... they rebadged the original Bel Canto!!! That's too funny!!!

It was a reverse 5.1 without the bypass pipes. This muffler has no by pass pipes so every thing is going through the can.

This muffler shares almost all parts from the Bel Canto because it is made in the same factory. Sneaky guys from Route KS...lol

Last edited:
I'll be damned. lol Route KS took that muffler!!! That was the original Bel Canto Design... they rebadged the original Bel Canto!!! That's too funny!!!

It was a reverse 5.1 without the bypass pipes. This muffler has no by pass pipes so every thing is going through the can.

This muffler shares almost all parts from the Bel Canto because it is made in the same factory. Sneaky guys from Route KS...lol

You're too much. Just because you "slightly" modified the original GT1 v5.1 exhaust makes you legit. Give me a break.

You're too much. Just because you "slightly" modified the original GT1 v5.1 exhaust makes you legit. Give me a break.

Of course:wink: Take all the break you like, it's your own time.

5.1 was the ultimate design for high pitch, why kill a good design? Kuroda metal house was completely, royally pissed off at GT-ROM even though they did sold about 60 v.5.x models, but it wasn't enough for them to actually profit from it, and now the contract still exist through GT-ROM but with no orders allowed. I had to pull some serious teeth to the final five produced and people were willing to pay $3k for it. Praising your purchase is the biggest tool/support you can have for any venders/products. In this case, praising and loving the product will not help the actual manufactures. It has become a bragging right, which is fine because if you paid to play, you deserve that right.

As for the new players, you have guys put out a muffler that hangs too low and they call it a gravel trap in Japan; you have guys route the pipes to the back and calling it F599 exhaust, and you have another guy routed too many pipes and called it double dragon, which the sound is completely muted; get the point? Why change some thing that is almost perfect, just make it perfect.

Currently, every one is trying to capitalize from the failure of GT-ROM. As of right now 3:00 am, I just received an e-mail from Japan regarding situations with Primers who lost their money. I also confirmed GT-ROM recently filed bankruptcy to dodge the debt to their factory; they are also under investigation from the Osaka PD for their failure to deliver product domestically. Interestingly, international orders were not part of the investigation because they did not receive any International Complaints. Because of it, the word on the street is GT-ROM issued refunds to domestic buyers to avoid legal trouble, but the International buyers were brushed under the carpet. My friend was also amused and puzzled by why Route KS will take that rejected muffler (F599); trying to capitalize on the dismissal of GT-ROM maybe? The NSX market is dying in Japan and those guys are looking for every possible way to squeeze out the last penny. Honda completely killed their future prospect when they ceased the ASC for next year's launch. As for some of the big used NSX venders in Japan, they are hurting big time. The economy drove down the price of used NSX and many of them are in the car more than what they can sell them. It’s a disaster right now in Japan.

Therefore, while this discussion is happening about what's why GT-One 5.x is the greatest muffler, I'm getting PMs from guys who wired the money a year ago to GT-ROM and the product is MIA and can't even get a simple reply from the GT-ROM, they're not even answering their phone. They are seeking help from me and what can I do, not help them? What I have learned on Prime is, when you take your time helping fellow NSXers, they become your friend.

As I have indicated, treasure your 5.1 because the product line is dead; so are all other GT-One products. They are the NSX of the muffler, you can't buy them new, but occasionally you get a nice clean used one. The product line is officially extinct.

So here is the biggest question, if you want a 5.1, what can you do? I have a deal for ten Bel Canto but few jump on it and still PM me about the 5.1, even though the Bel Canto is by far cheaper. It is not easy working with some one 6000 miles away that can barely speak English, try to figure out a good alternative product. I actually contacted the Kuroda metal shop to see if I can get the US distribution rights to the 5.1 but was told YES and two weeks later “NO” due to legal matters with GT-ROM, they are so bitter that they rather see the entire line die.

At least now I know a good factory that is willing to deal with me but there is always a catch – Volume sales. I'm sure you guys have already witnessing the fiasco on other threads, even though as much as I trust the workmanship of the factory, they still do some thing that is not inline with my traditional way of conducting business. The amount of money to be made is not worth my time, if any thing, I'm doing this so my friend in Japan can make some money since he helped me a lot with the NSX-R parts. While at it, I learned a lot of dirt on other venders. Who’s getting what from where, and is certain venders actually produce the parts as advertised while they just buy parts from Japan, etc. It’s a circus behind the door.

It's a dog eat dog world. Eventually you will see ALL good companies stop creating new NSX products, and left over will be handled by small guys who will buy, copy, and sell at a much lower price just to pick up the left over buyers. How many of them can you actually trust?

Make sense?

Last edited:
well damn that sucks to hear, I was really hoping to get the V5

and I don't see the GT design exhaust listed on umbrella auto design's site anymore either :(

Hi guys, we are still distributing the GT Design mufflers here in the USA. I took the products down while my site is being updated to a newer software.

Feel free to drop me a line with any questions regarding the mufflers. I should have my site up to date shortly.

Thanks

Ravi

Attachments

• nsx_2.jpg
    nsx_2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
If there is still interest, why doesn't someone make a competing muffler with the high pitch sound of the 5.1?

Why don't we get the setup fab'ed here in the USA so we don't have to worry about monetary conversions?

Steve

If there is still interest, why doesn't someone make a competing muffler with the high pitch sound of the 5.1?

Why don't we get the setup fab'ed here in the USA so we don't have to worry about monetary conversions?

Steve

well Someone already does.. problem is he doesn't wanna share.!!! :rolleyes:

Edit: just read the drama... seriously I owned 5.1 before and I have to DISAGREE with the good design. 5.1 is just overrated. Sell while you can make money out of it.

Last edited:
Back