• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many miles on your 02 thru 05 NSX

I just turned 9,000 miles on my 05. It seems about right for a car of this type. I'm interested knowing what others have accumulated and if mileage dictates whether they take, or leave the NSX at home? Would you feel alright taking it on a 2,000 mile (or more) round trip?

With the NSX Expo coming up in Las Vegas (Oct. 2010), I'm wondering how many will back out or seriously reconsider attending with their NSX because of the mileage? Who cares less about mileage on their 02-05 and why?

Thanks, Jack

32800 on my 2003. I bought it 16 months ago with 29000 miles on it.

I can't wait to rack up some miles on my way to Vegas. I don't drive it enough mostly because I'm just too busy lately... I really don't mind putting mileage on it at all.

I was much more successful putting miles on my '91 when I had it. Just circumstantial.

With the NSX Expo coming up in Las Vegas (Oct. 2010), I'm wondering how many will back out or seriously reconsider attending with their NSX because of the mileage?

That would be pretty lame if this was the reason that someone backed out. It seems like quite a bit of NSX owners have low miles because they simply don't have many opportunities to drive their NSX. I'm in the high 50's.

That would be pretty lame if this was the reason that someone backed out. It seems like quite a bit of NSX owners have low miles because they simply don't have many opportunities to drive their NSX. I'm in the high 50's.

Thats an impressive # considering the winters you must contend with. Your absolutely right, I for one simply don't get that many opportunities to take it out. I've even stooped to including our local NSX club into our Nissan Z club on combined events that the Z-club has set up, just in an effort to get a few NSX guys involved in some additional car related activities. So far it's worked out quite well!

I would love to see everyone on that list in Vegas. I'll be there!

Jack

I dont think any car is a baby, never drive it car. Theres no reason to own a car like a ferrari or lambo or even this just to let it sit. I bought mine 6 months ago and have put about 5 k on it. It currently has about 47000 on the clock. If your gona buy it to let it sit why not buy a broken one to say you have. I bought my 02 to drive it. I more so trust a car that has been driven compared to one that sits 9 months a year imo.

Last edited:
53,000 on my 02, currently under a cover, hooked up to a float charger, 6-12" of snow due tomorrow. I drive it during the "good weather months" every chance I can. No reason to drive it when you can't enjoy it, but I think that with 53,000 miles and the only owner since new, you can tell I do drive it and enjoy it!!!

I am pretty sure Im am going. This will be my first time in Vegas, but whats really going to be fun, is when we are all driving Our NSX's and meet up along the way,
By the time we get to vegas we will have a line of NSX's miles long, it will be so cool,, going thru each state only stopping for gas, its will be a trip!

NSX 1 spots an NSX ahead on the highway, so they follow each other,
NSX 1+2 see another NSX ahead, now they follow each other,,
NSX 1+2+3 then crosses into another state, they see another NSX they meet up, etc. all the way to VEGAS!!!

I would say atleast a Miles worth of NSX's
not including the NSX's on trailers, and such,
but for those of you towing your NSX to Vegas, we will pass you by,
While having the time of lives, you will kick yourself later, or you will pull over take the car off the trailer and drive the rest of the way, with us in a PACK. LOL

Last edited:
Thats an impressive # considering the winters you must contend with. Your absolutely right, I for one simply don't get that many opportunities to take it out. I've even stooped to including our local NSX club into our Nissan Z club on combined events that the Z-club has set up, just in an effort to get a few NSX guys involved in some additional car related activities. So far it's worked out quite well!

I would love to see everyone on that list in Vegas. I'll be there!

Jack

Well, I can't take the credit for all the miles since essentially the third owner. :D Unfortunately, I won't put too many miles on it. I fall into the category "want to drive it, but can't." The only opportunities I have are the weekends in the summer. Daily is out of the question as I'm pretty confident the car would either be vandalized or stolen (I don't work in the best area).

8,300 on my 03.
Wait until it good weather. MMMUUAHHH :rolleyes:

40,000 on my '03 .. daily driver

11,000 on my '05...special occasion driver..lol

I have 16,000 on my '04............I try to keep it under 2,500 a year! :smile:

Would you feel alright taking it on a 2,000 mile (or more) round trip?

Mine is a '94 so not a flush headlight model, I've got 36K miles on mine. I drove it 2000 miles over 2.5 days home the day I bought it. I'd make the trip again in a heartbeat too......

Mine has ~57,500 miles on it. Unfortunately, I've only put on about 1k miles of that... I plan to start correcting that as soon as the streets are clear of snow and sand.

I bought my '03 in May with about 18000 miles, and sadly am only at about 21000 miles! This is due to being very busy and bad weather since October.

1600 of those miles were on one trip to the Adriatic coast of Italy, through Switzerland and the Stelvio Pass (Italy). 25.8 of those miles were on the Nürburgring though, which may count as more in car-years :biggrin:

Come end of this summer, my car will hopefully hit the 30k mark and many more countries! Miles per year = amount of fun I had that year.

I bought my '03 in May with about 18000 miles, and sadly am only at about 21000 miles! This is due to being very busy and bad weather since October.

1600 of those miles were on one trip to the Adriatic coast of Italy, through Switzerland and the Stelvio Pass (Italy). 25.8 of those miles were on the Nürburgring though, which may count as more in car-years :biggrin:

Come end of this summer, my car will hopefully hit the 30k mark and many more countries! Miles per year = amount of fun I had that year.

I'm just guessing, but your car must be one extremely rare sight there. Must attract alot of attention!

17,800 on my '04. Used to put ~1000 miles a month on it in the Southeast. (I've had it for 2 years, started at 2,800 miles)

Now, I have to wait for the snow to melt...

Distance is never a consideration for whether to drive it or not.

It is definitely rare, although I did run into 3 others at an outing to the Hockenheim Ring. Those are the only NSX's I've seen, all NA1. None of those guys had ever seen a supercharged NSX, especially NA2. There are 12 NA2s registered in Germany. On my few outings to the Nurburgring, it got more attention than several of the nearby parked Ferraris, one Lambo, 2009-10 GTRs, and dime-a-dozen GT3 RS. Even Corvette C6 Z06s are very common here (at the Ring at least), and I have seen about 3 ZR1s. I've gone up there about 10 times (it's only 90km away), though only taken my car around twice thus far. Germans just love this car for some reason, and a surprising number know what it is too. I do get the same common comments about it being a Corvette or Ferrari, though.

I'm just guessing, but your car must be one extremely rare sight there. Must attract alot of attention!

It is definitely rare, although I did run into 3 others at an outing to the Hockenheim Ring. Those are the only NSX's I've seen, all NA1. None of those guys had ever seen a supercharged NSX, especially NA2. There are 12 NA2s registered in Germany. On my few outings to the Nurburgring, it got more attention than several of the nearby parked Ferraris, one Lambo, 2009-10 GTRs, and dime-a-dozen GT3 RS. Even Corvette C6 Z06s are very common here (at the Ring at least), and I have seen about 3 ZR1s. I've gone up there about 10 times (it's only 90km away), though only taken my car around twice thus far. Germans just love this car for some reason, and a surprising number know what it is too. I do get the same common comments about it being a Corvette or Ferrari, though.

Very interesting stuff!

Jack

My '04 has 25403 to be exact. Weather here in Georgia has been crappy to put it mildly. I've put 2000 miles on it since buying it in December. MUCH more to come!

Back