• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many of you will keep your NSX for at least the next 5-7 years?

I've had mine for about a year...Its definitely a keeper. Many things come and go for me, but for sure the NSX will be the exception. I normally go thru cars every 2-3 years...But, I've never owned an NSX before:wink:.

Like many, I've dreamt about having one since '92, and now its parked in my garage.

Frank - Glad to see you join the few platinum pearl white NSX's!!!

here's an old shot of my 92' Platinum Pearl White NSX - Sorry, need better close-up image of paint color:
CIMG01411024x768.jpg

Since then, I recently put new wheels, exhaust, new seats, and Navi(more to come)...The 16 year old NSX, is still a stunner on the street. I don't know any other car that has that kind of longevity, and could still look good next to the newer cars today...

I can't see any circumstance except disastrous financial events that would cause me to get rid of my NSX (going on 15 months now). I have the first of 3 kids starting college this fall and I will not have any spare funds for a while. Good news is my NSX is paid for. TB/WP done. Unless I need a clutch I have no expensive maintenance coming up.

I bought my `93 new. I actually considered selling or trading it in and getting a new sports car a couple of years ago. After researching everything that`s out there, I decided to keep mine and add performance and asthetic enhancing parts to it. I still love the car and think I will still have it for several more years.

Anyone? Obviously, it is hard to see into the future, but I don't see a replacement for my car in the near future. However, I am beginning to wonder how we will perceive the car in 5-7 years.

The NSX is TIMELESS. In 20 years it will still look and be exotic. In 40 years... IT WILL STILL BE EXOTIC.

The real question in my mind is, 'what's better?'

Ferrari? No. Not practical.
Lambo? No. Same as above.
Lotus? lol.
Porsche 911 turbo? Maybe. But is it really "exotic"?
GT-R? Maybe, but it looks a lot like a 350Z with a body kit.
R8? Maybe, but how reliable is a VW, err Audi to put 2-300,000 miles on it?

That's it. What other choices are there?

I wouldn't mind trying a new 911 RS in a few years, but I think the NSX will always be THE ONLY daily drivable supercar/exotic.

The NSX fits me like a glove. It is never lets me down, looks great, and makes me smile even after about 14 years of driving one. I still look back at it in the parking lot at work or at the store and smile knowing it is mine. It makes me feel like a very lucky guy. I just love this car.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Just five minutes ago, I took a small break from work to walk down the hall and look outside to where my NSX is parked. It's about 200 yards away across the street. And I just love the way it stands out.
No decent parking place near the office building, came in late today.

In an hour the first early people here will leave. That's when I will just sneak out of the building, go to my NSX, get in and just enjoy those two minutes it takes me to park it at the office parking space.

Back