• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much better is the type S over the NC1?

Is there enough of a performance improvement to wait for the right spec type S to come available vs buying a NC1 now? Can anyone comment on the performance differences between the two? Are there other factors too? It looks like its about $100k more to get a type S. If it's worth it, I will, just not sure if it is worth it so looking for input. Thanks

"Worth it" is the most subjective thing in the world. Some on this site who have driven both claim the Type-S is a little tighter and they claim they can feel the tiny bit of increased horsepower. Looks-wise, some prefer the Type-S while I personally feel it is a significant downgrade compared to the other model years.

Well I just bought a 2017. Hope I like it. Lol. Figured we can use the other 100k for a pool. Gotta make momma happy too. Maybe not a home run deal but they took my 355 on trade an were fair with the deal.

Attachments

• 2017_acura_nsx-pic-8882091446071340520-1024x768.jpeg
    2017_acura_nsx-pic-8882091446071340520-1024x768.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 2017_acura_nsx-pic-1475262215784466777-1024x768.jpeg
    2017_acura_nsx-pic-1475262215784466777-1024x768.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 57
Amazing car. Hope you get some quality time to explore the backroads with it!
I'm flying over to the middle of nowhere NC tomorrow to see the car before I do all the signature stuff. Hoping to find some back roads to enjoy before I have it shipped back to Ohio, just a few miles from where it rolled out of the factory actually.

I'd like to hear more about the 355. Always in the back of my mind to own some day.
I've read multiple times in the aviation world, you want to buy the most expensive example you can find with the thought being it's been well maintained, upgraded, etc.

I have a "beater" (it's actually pretty nice but not a cream puff) AP1 that I daily drive. I thought this Ferrari might could replace that as my daily and since (in my mind) I didn't pay a ton for the 355, I wouldn't mind it since the depreciation wouldn't be too bad. Well, the car wasn't nice enough to enjoy daily.

It had Tubi headers and exhaust and it was loud AF. It hurt my ears loud.

The gated manual was clunky and more of a novelty. The AP1 was unbelievably better than the Ferrari.

It ultimately was a poster car for me and I learned a phrase, don't meet your heroes.

I've read multiple times in the aviation world, you want to buy the most expensive example you can find with the thought being it's been well maintained, upgraded, etc.

I have a "beater" (it's actually pretty nice but not a cream puff) AP1 that I daily drive. I thought this Ferrari might could replace that as my daily and since (in my mind) I didn't pay a ton for the 355, I wouldn't mind it since the depreciation wouldn't be too bad. Well, the car wasn't nice enough to enjoy daily.

It had Tubi headers and exhaust and it was loud AF. It hurt my ears loud.

The gated manual was clunky and more of a novelty. The AP1 was unbelievably better than the Ferrari.

It ultimately was a poster car for me and I learned a phrase, don't meet your heroes.
Thanks for confirming our car decisions :)

Well I just bought a 2017. Hope I like it. Lol. Figured we can use the other 100k for a pool. Gotta make momma happy too. Maybe not a home run deal but they took my 355 on trade an were fair with the deal.

Job done well! There is nothing like a pool in the backyard and of course, an NSX. Totally concur on the "meeting your hero" aspect on some cars. My 996 Turbo was like that. Poster car and I liked it but never "loved" it.

Congrats and welcome to the club. I don't have enough seat time to compare the standard NC1 vs the Type S. Went to the launch in 2016 and hadn't driven one since. With that being said, I love the car and I'd imagine you will too.

As a LONG time NSX owner I am looking at the new model...Many for sale and pricing is all over the place. Type S is significantly more expensive. Worth it?
Any problems wit the first (2017) year model?

As a LONG time NSX owner I am looking at the new model...Many for sale and pricing is all over the place. Type S is significantly more expensive. Worth it?
Is Type S twice as good as NC1? Absolutely not. There are no big problems with any year of NC1 as I know. The 2019 has a little improvement in suspension like sway bars... If you want the best car Honda ever made, get the Type S. What ever you do keep your NA.

Last edited:

NOTHING you cannot manage. Your stable is admirable

2012 Audi R8 GT
2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
2006 Mercedes McLaren SLR

Jerry has it right, here below:

Is Type S twice as good as NC1? Absolutely not. There are no big problems with and year of NC1 as I know. The 2019 has a little improvement in suspension like sway bars... If you want the best car Honda ever made, get the Type S. What ever you do keep your NA.

Member Brylek has a nice 2019 Silver for sale, just dropped the price.

NOTHING you cannot manage. Your stable is admirable

2012 Audi R8 GT
2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
2006 Mercedes McLaren SLR

Jerry has it right, here below:

Member Brylek has a nice 2019 Silver for sale, just dropped the price.
Haha Brylek is one of those guys who you wouldn't think thrice about using his toothbrush...:p

Job done well! There is nothing like a pool in the backyard and of course, an NSX. Totally concur on the "meeting your hero" aspect on some cars. My 996 Turbo was like that. Poster car and I liked it but never "loved" it.

Congrats and welcome to the club. I don't have enough seat time to compare the standard NC1 vs the Type S. Went to the launch in 2016 and hadn't driven one since. With that being said, I love the car and I'd imagine you will too.
Wow Michael, quite the Honda/Acura collection you have.

I have had 2017 since new and it has been great.
You just want to check to see the campaign work has been done (and not by shop with a negative vibe, ex. Napleton).
Fuel tanks replaced, thermostat, high mount tail light, some software, maybe the start/stop button and now the fuel pump (if applicable).

I had no idea this model or even body change existed. Sadly I havent seen one of these on the road in 7 years, how many did Honda sell?

I had no idea this model or even body change existed. Sadly I havent seen one of these on the road in 7 years, how many did Honda sell?
Of all NC1 or just type S?

Either I suppose. The "new NSX" got a lot of praise when it came out, then ebay got flooded with resellers so they sorta because white tigers. a lot like the NA2s actually, sadly.

there are 350 type S made for the world , 299or 300 in the US . The first 2 years of the NC1 were slow sales. Then the market dried up and cars sat, and dealers got a cash back incentive to lower price to move floor stock. The car had too many negative talking points mostly about total output and average track performance compared to rivals vs price....The technology and ease of use as well as amazing build quality got drowned out...now it's done..and hybrids are now the hot ticket, and everyone else is late to the party.The one positive talking point that did resonate with the press was it was just like the Holy trinity minus 250-350 hp but also 20% of the cost.

Back