• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much does the nsx motor and tranny weigh?

The motor is over 400lbs:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
When I shipped my engine to ScienceofSpeed, I estimated that the weight would be 450lbs. When I received the actual bill of laden, the weight was listed as 750lbs. That includes a fairly substantial crate w/ the engine though.

Hope that helps!

Sorry can't help...but engine build? *winks* ???

Ravi

judging by the sheer size of the thing.... TOO MUCH for a "lightweight" car.

Try the F355 engine. The thing is probably 1/3 the weight of the car. The old M3 I6 is also super heavy.

DOHC engine is always heavier than the OHV engine.

Omey,

Sorry for your misfortune. On the plus side the car will be a beast when its back! Can't wait, I reallly loved your old video man.

Yes a full Stage 2 FI build. I spun my 4th bearing. There was no oil in it. Ironically enough I was going to change my oil the next day.

Wait a minute here. You just put in the HP turbo and the engine blew after 1 only a month? Jesus christ..:eek: ...more headaches..what happened to all the oil?

Wait a minute here. You just put in the HP turbo and the engine blew after 1 only a month? Jesus christ..:eek: ...more headaches..what happened to all the oil?

I think I burnt it off. Maybe my rings were fried from the beginning. Not exactly sure until SOS tells me what happened. Although the Acura dealer did the LMA's so that could be the case, but like I said not sure until they rip it apart. The car had 135000(some odd)km's on it when I turbo'd it. Can't say I didn't expect it, but just not this early.

the old M3 I6 has a cast iron block and can handle 800hp....

And your point being? We are talking about how heavy the engine is, not how much HP it can handle.

Like all FI systems you will burn more oil than stock. also did you see the milage on his car?

please lets not turn this into a "turbos are the devil" thread

sorry for you luck...you will be better off now though :)

.............I spun my 4th bearing. There was no oil in it..........

Another joins the ranks of oil starvation on #4 or did the turbo burn the oil?

Hope your crank is OK.....

judging by the sheer size of the thing.... TOO MUCH for a "lightweight" car.

Ditto - too much! What makes it so heavy anyway..? All alluminum, titanium rods.. this sounds to me like it should be light!

I hear for its displacement and power, the Chevy engines are one of lightest engines around

From Honda's press pack the engine wet is about ~200kg or 440lbs with the C32B coming in 3kg under, about a 5.3lbs difference.

Last time I weighed a 6 speed my scale read 88lbs dry.

whats the turn around for the stage 2? why not ship the car then drive it home?

5 days is the turn around. I need to work my ass off to foot the bill!

I found a few OK 3.0 cranks but if you find a 3.2 I have a nice set of prepped Ti Rods.

SOS will not install any cranks with major or minor damage, so new is the only way to go.

SOS will not install any cranks with major or minor damage, so new is the only way to go.

Great go with the 3.2 crank as the rod bearing area is larger and it will drop in the 3.0L block.

PM me if you need a good set of bushed and ARP swirl bolted Ti rods.

That's what I WAS going to do before I went CRAZY W/ the stroker :confused:

Back