• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Tall Are You !

How tall are you ?

• '6 foot tall or under

Votes: 101 59.8%
  • 6 foot 1 or taller

Votes: 68 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there a difference between the head room in the "T" and the fixed roof version? I love the car....but I have sat in the "T" version several times and there is just no way its comfortable for me. The bolstered peice for the top is like mm from my head on the left side (drivers seat). I have been looking for an older one to sit in/test drive....but I haven't been able to yet.

doctor_evil said:
Is there a difference between the head room in the "T" and the fixed roof version? I love the car....but I have sat in the "T" version several times and there is just no way its comfortable for me. The bolstered peice for the top is like mm from my head on the left side (drivers seat). I have been looking for an older one to sit in/test drive....but I haven't been able to yet.
I'm pretty sure that there is no difference, but I don't know for sure. There is definitely a difference though if you have the top off. :wink:

I’m 5 11 and ¾
I have to scrunch down a bit when I’m wearing a helmet so I feel like I’m getting near the limit for stock seats with a helmet.

redshift said:
I'm pretty sure that there is no difference, but I don't know for sure. There is definitely a difference though if you have the top off. :wink:
I don't have any emprical evidence but I disagree.

Having sat in a number of 1994 and earlier cars... there's quite a bit of difference in headroom for where I sit in the car vs. my T model.

I'm 6' exactly and have to drive slightly hunched with the top on. When I take my top off, my head stick's out:biggrin: and my friends make fun of me:redface: :biggrin:

I'm 6'5" - all legs...

ive sat in the NSX, and the steering wheel was a problem - I'd install the removable aftermarket NSXR wheel and be fine.

Da Hapa said:
I don't have any emprical evidence but I disagree.

Having sat in a number of 1994 and earlier cars... there's quite a bit of difference in headroom for where I sit in the car vs. my T model.
Yeah, no evidence here either. I have only sat in one T-model (top on) and it was in the passenger side so I can't really accurately judge the difference. I was just going by my "sense." :smile: :wink:

Strange... I'm not that tall, i'm a bit more than 5'10" and my head is close enough to the roof to be uncomfortable. It messes up my hair sometimes, and if I don't slouch it'll bump.

I do have short legs for my height though... maybe my torso is longer than normal.

Mr.Wolf said:
I am 5’7” standing up or laying down. :D

Hmmm... That's quite a belly you've got... :D

At first I thought you were making reference to your enormous naughty bits...:eek:

I don't know how you guys over 6 feet can sit very comfortably in your NSX. You probably have more joints than I do. I am 6'2" with barely a finger width between my head and the roof.

fannsx said:
I don't know how you guys over 6 feet can sit very comfortably in your NSX. You probably have more joints than I do. I am 6'2" with barely a finger width between my head and the roof.
I hear you there ! I started this thread thinking about people that are tall driving the X. I am 6 foot even i am comfortable don't get me wrong. But IMO if was any taller, I don't think i could be-able to get the seat adjusted to the most optimum driving position.( I am talking about a desired position for track driving ) It's just way the seat is moved back to accommodate longer legs, it's pulling you hands farther away from the wheel. ( the steering wheel only comes out so far. I know taller people can be comfortable driving the X. IMO if you are 6'2 plus and want to race it, and get the most feel out of the car you need to change some things.( seat , steering wheel )

Synthesis said:
i'm 5' - 11 3/4". but i know a lot of people who say they are like 6-2 that are the same exact height as me..... either way, i sit with the seat as close as possible, with it upright as possible. cause that's how you're supposed to drive and you have better control:smile:

WHAT !!:eek: so are you saying those 2 inches with my shoes on, dont count ?!!

No more 6' 2 " for me then , i guess i am really 5' 11 3/4" :biggrin:

HMMM.....no wonder 41% (which seemd high to me ) of those who voted claim to be 6' 1" or over...

OK Then !!! The shoe rule applies to everyone. For those who say they are 6' 0" , 6' 1", or 6' 2", please take off your shoes, and revote....so we can have more of an accurate poll :) and thus of what the normal standards of the average height is !

Last edited:
In the morning after I first get up, I'm 6' 2".
In the evening, once my joints compress, I'm down to 6' 1.25".
Seriously.

I need to sit fairly far back to have comfortable leg room (but the seat could still slide back quite a ways), and I recline the back portion a bit to get head room. After all that, it's a stretch to reach the steering wheel, so I'm looking into replacing it or moving the wheel closer to me, if I can figure out a way to do it with the factory wheel.

hehe... I've got you all beat!

I'm 6'7", 220 lbs.

I've driven NSX's before and was fine.

I also owned an S2000, which was really tight. I didn't like that the car wasn't equipped with a tilt steering wheel so I dropped in a smaller one, MOMO Millenium. The stock one was sitting on my legs and I wasn't comfortable when pressing the clutch. MOMO gave me some room.

I think that's gonna be something I will do on the NSX too, the stock wheel is a little too big for my taste.

Well, I was 6'4" 245 pounds before I got sick. Now I am 5' 8" 155 pounds. I was pretty ill...:biggrin:

I'm only 5'9", but my friend's 68 year old dad is 6'4" and he LOVES sports cars. He insisted on getting into the drivers seat and seeing how the fit was in the car, but no matter how we tweaked the seat settings, we could not create enough head room for him. His neck was craned sideways the whole time. He mentioned that he's never been able to fit in Corvettes, or older Porsches for the same reason, but he has no problems fitting in his 300ZX.

He mentioned to me that he has an unusually long torso, which has limited the sports cars he could consider over the years and after reading this thread and seeing people 2-3 inches taller than him find a way to fit, I believe him now.:tongue: But seriously, after seeing him suffer in there, I thought noone over 6'2" had a chance to fit.:biggrin: I guess his upper body really is disproportionatly longer than his legs.:eek:

annointed said:
I'm only 5'9", but my friend's 68 year old dad is 6'4" and he LOVES sports cars. He insisted on getting into the drivers seat and seeing how the fit was in the car, but no matter how we tweaked the seat settings, we could not create enough head room for him. His neck was craned sideways the whole time. He mentioned that he's never been able to fit in Corvettes, or older Porsches for the same reason, but he has no problems fitting in his 300ZX.

He mentioned to me that he has an unusually long torso, which has limited the sports cars he could consider over the years and after reading this thread and seeing people 2-3 inches taller than him find a way to fit, I believe him now.:tongue: But seriously, after seeing him suffer in there, I thought noone over 6'2" had a chance to fit.:biggrin: I guess his upper body really is disproportionatly longer than his legs.:eek:

I don't get it... Most of you that are over 6'3" or so say that you have little head room in the eneseX. As tall as I am, I had no problem fitting in an eneseX, a Vette, 911's or, for that matter, my dad's Testarossa.

But when it comes to the Classic Minis...

6' 1" tall and head about 1 inch from the top. Will try to move the seat forward if it worked for others on this tread.

Back