• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to get over 700 songs in a nsx

Originally posted by flaminio:
OK, no folders, just a bunch of mp3s dumped on a CD. But how does it determine track order? Alphabetically?

-Bob (the mp3 newbie)
You determine track order when you burn the cd.

Who makes that replacement cover for the factory radio? I would love to rip out my factory stereo and still have the factory look.

------------------
91 Red/Ivory #2061

Originally posted by NoClgDeg:
Who makes that replacement cover for the factory radio? I would love to rip out my factory stereo and still have the factory look.

That's a custom job on the Rio. Rios are no longer being made, unfortunately.

See this thread for a replacement panel with a pre-cut standard DIN opening: http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003500.html

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

[This message has been edited by Russ (edited 07 May 2002).]

hehe my stereo faceplate gets em everytime
smile.gif

Thanks again Craig for the excellent custom work.

-B

OK, I want one
smile.gif
. But I'm very finicky on who I let touch my baby. Does anyone have a recommendation in the SF Bay Area for someone who can do this job competently?

TIA,
-Bob

Craig H. Mobile Car Security.

He did my entire install, all that custom fiberglass work and knows the NSX pretty well.

He can be reached at 510-455-1161

His shop is in the Hayward area.

-B

http://www.mteweb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MTE&Product_Code=NCJ20HD+-USB++***Sale%21***&Category_Code=CMP

Neo Car Jukebox Kit (With 20 Gig ) 400 CD's -USB SALE

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: NCJ20HD -USB ***Sale!***
Price: $399.99

Shipping Weight: 16.00 pounds

Quantity:

The Neo Car Jukebox unit is a car player that can hold up to 400 CD's!.

**SALE**

Includes:
Neo Car Jukebox, 20Gig Hard Drive, wired remote LCD, IR remote, Car Bay, Home stereo docking bay, USB connection, FM Modulator, and everything you need for installation.

Connect it to your car using enclosed FM modulator or directly to your Car Stereo or AMP. Using RCA's.

You can copy all of your CD's and MP3 files into the device and plug it into your car or home stereo. Just slide it in, slide it out. Files are easily transferred via a USB connection with your computer. You simply connect the Neo Car Jukebox with your computer, transfer your songs, and slide it back out. Transfers are extremely fast because the device acts as another hard-drive connected to your computer.

The Neo Car Jukebox will change your listening habits, as you can store and organize every song you own on one simple device.

** For more information about the product please visit www.ssiamerica.com

* * Supports Playlist.
* Home Stereo Docking bay included!!!
* Use it also at home with your home stereo!!! Home docking bay included!!.
* Supports Random and many other Modes incl. Randomize Playlists, Queueing next song and more .
* 18 bit D/A converter! Neo has the best sound quality compared to any proffesional mp3 player due to its 18 bit D/A converter.
* Built in EQ.
* Works with Win 98/ME/2000/XP and Mac OS 9 and above
Size of a Car CD Changer but holds over 800 CD's!

Would anyone know if this hookup could be done to other Acura/Honda vehicles? (In particular, a 99 3.2TL and a 01 Odyssey.)

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

It should be able to work with any car that uses the alpine cd changer. I believe all the honda's are able to use alpine cd changers.

Is this a different part than the KCA-130B? If so, what is the part#?

Originally posted by nsxxtreme:

Adapter
Peripheral adapter for Honda
This reverses one of the outputs so the sound is in phase.

Originally posted by NSXTC:
Is this a different part than the KCA-130B? If so, what is the part#?

I have been getting a lot of questions latley about this. I thought this was a common adapter in the car stereo industry.
It is just a generic adapter that reverses one of the inputs. If you try to connect an Alpine CD changer up without this adapter one of the inputs will be out of phase. This will cause the sound that comes out of your speakers to be out of phase as well. I will try to get you more info later. I am also starting to think I should do a step by step as well. I will try to get this done by this weekend. If you check with your local car stereo store they should know what this adapter is. I have not done a search to see if you can find it online.

You can find the Peripheral adapter here or here It is the ACUALP adapter. I hope this helps.

You can get both adapters from www.autotoys.com you will have to do a search. Use Alpine as the key word, do not put model numbers because it will not find it.
Here is a link to the alpine adapter. This link will not last long because autotoys changes the addresses.

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 14 May 2002).]

Cool! thanks

I ordered mine today. Those units are selling like hotcakes. One day they are in stock, the next they are backordered. If this install is as easy as it appears, this will be one of the slickest NSX audio upgrades around! Thanks for the info. If you put it together as a step-by-step, id submit it as a "technical contribution to the NSX community":
http://www.nsxprime.com/contests/contests.htm

nsxxtreme, Where do I get this Honda adapter cable? Do I need it if i am just changing it from the stock changer? Also is it particularly difficult to get the mp3 changer to fit in the bracket? Thanks a lot.

Yes you need the adapter (you can get it at circuit city). I'm not sure about the bracket.

------------------
1994 Red/Black NSX #418
Forums Nazi Groupie

Originally posted by 02NSX:
nsxxtreme, Where do I get this Honda adapter cable? Do I need it if i am just changing it from the stock changer? Also is it particularly difficult to get the mp3 changer to fit in the bracket? Thanks a lot.
Yes for the second question. No for the third question. I will be a step by step as soon as I can get the time to do it.

A link to the adapters can be found above in previous posts.

Back