• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to keep cats off your NSX hood.

Originally posted by Takito:
I guess its my fault for not using my new cover.

No, I guess it the damm cat owner that lets the creature run loose!

[This message has been edited by Chuck (edited 21 December 2002).]

Nothing scares away cats for GOOD like the bright explosions and whistling of a nice quality Roman Candle....never seen him since.

I don't think cats extend their claws unless they are sliding down the hood. So most likely they jump on and jump off with no damage.
One time I am by my car in the parking garage and the roof overhead has a garden and trees. Some birds were living there and momma bird flies down to my car and the kids follow except they don't really fly so well,
so there is this baby bird jumping on my car.

Now I'm an expert on this. 26 cats caught to date!
And for a nominal fee....
wink.gif

Actually I purchased a cat trap (Havaheart)from a local feed store and cleaned up my neighborhoods wild cat problem.
The moth ball cat repellent didn't even slow them up.(I even found 1 cat sleeping on the stuff)
Use your regular tuna in water, poor the juice around the trap area and even sprinkle out a bit of tuna. Put the rest in the trap and wait for the wonderful sound of "snap-bang-rattle,rattle,rattle" at about 2 a.m.
That sound still makes me chuckle.
It's more fun then fishing could ever be!
smile.gif

If you're interested in reading up about traps, check out the Havahart website. There are other brands of humane traps on the market as well.

Again, if this is a one-time problem, many animal shelters offer loans of traps at little or no charge. Location and contact information for the Santa Clara County Division of Animal Care and Control, including its offices in San Jose and Morgan Hill as well as the San Martin Animal Shelter, can be found here.

Did I mention my 12 shot repeater pellet gun?
I only shoot them in the rump and definetly
while they are not on or near the car.
Have you ever wondered how high a cat can jump straight up??
smile.gif
I know...
smile.gif
smile.gif

how about you hire Newman to take care of it?

Originally posted by NSXrebel:
how about you hire Newman to take care of it?

no, no, no, no....

this is a job for Mr. Wolf....

(thats 30 minutes away, ill be there in 10.)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

No Curves, No Challenge....

Any idiot can drive fast in a straight line...

Originally posted by KODIAC:
please dont try any of these sticky paper tricks, just imaging having to pic this off when the cat flips this paper, and ends up landing half of it on the hood, and then getting away, and you have to PEEL off your hood.....

forgive the phrase "sounds good on paper" but literaly, it is a bad idea... and i hope no one thinks this will actually work...

Thats why you put a blanket over the hood or trunk, so the sticky stuff doesn't get on the finish, and yes it does work. About 12 years ago I had this same problem. My uncle let me on the trick. How do I know it works, the next morning 2 of the strips were gone and I meet my next door neighbor a few days later and it was her cat. I didn't know it was hers b/c I had just moved in and never saw the thing. I did kinda feel bad as she was a nice lady. My room mate and I laughed pretty good although, however I wished it were on video. No harm was done to kitty though she said it did take her and her roomate to hold the cat down for removal. Had I known that, I would have offered some clay bar.
biggrin.gif

I am also an expert at getting rid of cats. Here is what you do.

1. get a metal pie pan
2. you get some sardines and place them in the metal pan
3. you get shielded wire and shove it into the hot side of the closest outlet.
4. you cut a hole in the side of the pie pan and attach the wire
5. place the pan very close to your car and when the cat comes up it will start eating the tuna

The cat will then jump across your yard like a run away basketball. Trust me it will never come close to your car, or house for that matter, ever again.

Something Ive heard people do to "train" cats and dogs is to use a squirt gun on them whenever you catch them doing something they shouldnt.

Having lived with three cats from hell (redundant phrase, I know), I can tell you this will not work.

The problem is that the cat learns immediately that it will be squirted for the bad behavior if you are present with a squirt gun. If you are not present, or you do not have the squirt gun, or you do not have line-of-sight to the cat, the cat will cautiously proceed with its usual misbehavior. Furthermore, if you are there and you do have your squirt gun, the cat will very likely proceed anyway, but will take care to keep an eye on you so it knows when to dash out of range of the water. On top of that, when you leave, it is also very likely that the cat will return and deliberately do something to the object it clearly saw you protecting, usually something involving urine, just to teach you a lesson.

Cats are very, very evil creatures.

How about you get a garage? Then you don't have to worry about traps, shooting, etc.?

1. get a metal pie pan
2. you get some sardines and place them in the metal pan
3. you get shielded wire and shove it into the hot side of the closest outlet.
4. you cut a hole in the side of the pie pan and attach the wire
5. place the pan very close to your car and when the cat comes up it will start eating the tuna

I suggest that you perform step #4 before step #3.

------------------
T'S SR71
95 Midnight Pearl

this is a job for Mr. Wolf....

(thats 30 minutes away, ill be there in 10.)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[/B]

*lol* i saw Pulp Fiction two nites ago (coz of the NSX) ... now i get the joke!

Mr.Wolf would take the NSX (with the cat inside) to Monster Joe's Car Wreckage ... that would certainly take care of the cat!!!
biggrin.gif

Why would anyone want to discourage these great animals from enjoying your NSX? I smile when I see paw marks on the paint and I love it when my cat hops inside during a detail and claws at the floor mats. The NSX is just a car and can be fixed or replaced if injured - quite different from the living animals we that enhance our lives so much.

Here's a plan for a trap that can be built for really cheap and is very fun to operate. It's a little more hands on than just buying one and I've used one to "relocate" four strays that were making a home of my boat. Opening the door and seeing our feline friends out of the starting blocks is....well, you'll see.
fce57480.jpg

Originally posted by JerryW:
In Hawaii everybody puts out big glass jars of water to keep cats out of their yards. I don't know why it is suppossed to work, or even if it does work, but freaking everybody does it so there must be something to it. I doubt it would hurt to put a couple around your car or even on the hood/roof. Typically people use those big jars that apple juice comes in.

Jerry, the new one in Hawaii is putting out your old coffee grounds around your yard. Supposedly the cats do't like the smell or something. I've never tried it yet but I know people who swear by it. I might have to start because my place has a lot of stray cats.

Originally posted by Soichiro:
Why would anyone want to discourage these great animals from enjoying your NSX?

I could give a whole littany of reasons to keep those nasty pests away from my NSX, including the health and well-being of my car as well as myself. Those evil creatures have endless ways of damaging your person and property, ways that you could never imagine until it happens to you.

If you enjoy having your vermin damaging the finish of your car, that's your business. Just keep them away from anyone else's.

Hi

I had the same problem with the cats we have at home . Well I always cover my NSX but still the cats would sometimes pee on it but cats are not dumb so what I did for like 1 week is look and the garage and when I use to se one on me car I would scare it and make lots of noise and try to kick the f#@ker but I never did so they learn not to get on my car. that's how I solved that problem but the one that I really hate is every time I drive my car the back bumper is dirty and I have to clean it all the time. do you have any ideas on that ?

Back