• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how to sell my car?

hi everybody, i been trying to sell my car to get and an nsx. i been trying to sell it local for a while, but no luck. i am wondering what is the best web to sell it on line? ebay, autotrader, carsdirect, or something else? please help me out here, i really need to sell this car.

I'm a buyer not a seller but I also second Autotrader. I look on Autotrader, cars.com, and ebay. I would not buy an NSX on ebay because the auction process makes it difficult to assess the vehicle unless you are in the same location as the seller. I look on ebay because I like to see what's for sale and follow the pricing. I bought a Honda Element on ebay and it was a fine transaction but I could buy that without evaluating it myself.

Listings on both autotrader and cars.com vary enormously in quality. Some have no pictures at all. Sometimes a dealer will list the same car twice, but differently.

You didn't say what you were selling. I think an Accord buyer might be less demanding than a sports car buyer.

But I'd do the following:

1. Include a reasonable number of pictures. Front view, side view, rear quarter views, interior, closeup of wheels if they are important on the car, etc.
2. Include the VIN
3. Include the price
4. Don't use the standard description of the car. No real need to say a car has power brakers. If a sedan or family vehicle, list safety features (ABS, side air bags, etc.)
5. If the carfax will show an accident, be sure to disclose it up front. You should tell any buyer anyways if the car was in an accident.

Back