• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How would you feel about this?

Dave: My only complaint- Why is this in the Pictures/Video section?:smile:

All kidding aside: I had a similar thing happen at a PCA DE. I was driving my Spec Miata and passing a few people and my "neighbors" in the parking lot didn't appreciate me bringing a lowly miata to a Porsche. All the awkard looks and stares ended when one of my friends dropped by with an extra set of wheels and tires and he told them that I am a PCA member/own a GT3. Sad... just sad.

Why are you doing a Ferrari club event anyways. Why aren't you doing DE's with a group that is not brand exclusive?

I just experienced this. I participated in a car show called the Milwaukee Masterpiece over the weekend and displayed on Club Day. Out of 200+ cars of great diversity (Ferrari's grouped together, Porsche's, Corvettes, BMW, etc..), they parked me and one other NSX owner by the "Replica/Kit Cars" near the bathrooms and at the farthest and complete opposite end of the grounds from the other high performance vehicles. There were literally classic Hearses in front of us and cars from television behind us. When I got there to check in, they mysteriously "lost" my paperwork, along with the other NSX's which prevented people from being able to vote for crowd favorite.

Last year the one NSX at the show was parked with the motorcycles....

Honestly it was a beatiful day for a show and I had a great time but I can't help but think this was not an accident.

Makes me wonder what it's going to be like driving with the BMW Club at Road America later in Sept...

I got shunned by civic owners when I went to a small meet that was supposed to be a dozen or two Honda's instead it was 20 civics and my NSX. Kept hearing why did he bring that here and how much money did Mr. Big time spend on that car. At the same time my wiife is laughing because she knows I do all the work on my own car she hears a guy say " He should take that piece of S*** home." It is hard to get some love these days when you got an NSX.

Dave: My only complaint- Why is this in the Pictures/Video section?:smile:

All kidding aside: I had a similar thing happen at a PCA DE. I was driving my Spec Miata and passing a few people and my "neighbors" in the parking lot didn't appreciate me bringing a lowly miata to a Porsche. All the awkard looks and stares ended when one of my friends dropped by with an extra set of wheels and tires and he told them that I am a PCA member/own a GT3. Sad... just sad.

Why are you doing a Ferrari club event anyways. Why aren't you doing DE's with a group that is not brand exclusive?

Ritesh I didn't even realize it was in the gallery. LOL. someone move this please. I go with all clubs. BMW Porsche Audi trackmasters, HOD, COM... Ferrari is the only one I sometimes seem to get a little attitude but you know there are all kinds of people I've had F guys run up to the car and compliment me and ask me about it. Then there are ones you say hello to and they ignore you. LOL. whatever... As long as I get my track time in, and am safe, I'm happy.

Or we can just play this on the big screen...just because you are in a Ferrari Club or own a Ferrari doesn't mean you know how to drive it!

I see your point Dave, bad judgement call on the part of the organizer perhaps but if it was me, I would not even go in the first place.

A while back on the s2ki forum, there was a meet specific for "CR" owners of the s2000. Some people got all upset about it but it's just a meet, let them feel all exclusive for one day :)

Ferrari owners have good and bad apples too just like any brand. Luckily most NSX owners are not this way, I know I am not since I love all cars :)

P.S. My buddy with a new 458 let me drive it all around town and told me it drove like a Camry in street mode. We took it all over town for coffee and misc. errands and I almost forgot at one point I was driving my dream machine until I floored the throttle! haha

I like to take my car to meets that benefit a charity like Wounded Warrior's Project etc. (I use my car for good rather than evil.) A couple years ago I received a flier on an "OPEN" charity car show that was sponsored by a gear head club. Now, I am a car guy and I'm interested in all cars. I may not like a particular style or make. However, I appreciate the fact that someone else does and the work involved to produce or care for that style or make and I give them the proper respect. Anyway, I'm the only import among 300 sweet looking hot rods and classic muscle cars and there is a crowd around my car asking questions about it. This older gentleman comes up to me and says you know there are lots of car shows for the tuner crowd out there to attend. I replied 1st, it's not a tuner and 2nd, it's rarer than 90% of the cars out here and I thought you would appreciate seeing something a little different. That same man came to me later and apologized. We've been friends ever since. Then, there was the time a guy from a Camaro Club asked me and a friend who owns an Aston Martin if we would come to their open meet at Bikini's Bar and Grill and he gave us a flier. We both showed and were the only non-Camaros there. I pulled into a parking spot near the end of their reserved area so the Camaro owners could fight over the prime parking spots and this d-bag comes up and says I can't park there because it's a Camaro only event. So I move and am parking outside their area when another guy comes up and said why don't you park over with us? I told him about the d-bag and he tells me that he is the Pres. of the regional Camaro Club of America and directed me to a prime spot next to where the hired security was stationed and made the d-bag aware of the move and why. I had a great time with that group and made a few friends as well. My point is there is at least one d-bag in every group including ours. You did the right thing by stating your case and going anyway. If nothing else, it pisses off the very few snobs in the group and allows you and the rest to learn and enjoy each other's cars for what they are. Not for what they are not.

Last edited:
P.S. Out here in CA there are car events almost every weekend so it gives owners many choices on where to go. I guess in other parts of the US car shows are not as common so perhaps you can't be as picky?

I know one Prime member in FL where he seems to be in every exotic car event photograph...hahaha LOL

Call me kooky but does anyone else think that the undercover / shunned stepchild aspect of the NSX is a strength? I think we should all be glad for the snubs because it keeps the exclusivity up while keeping the riffraff at bay and allows us to not stand out in a bad way at times (think: Corvette owner stigma). We know what's up and does it really matter that everyone else doesn't? Maybe too if NSX's were loved by the masses then we'd see them way often, they'd attract more of the types that Lostbuckeye speaks of, and nsxprime.com probably wouldn't be the civilized playground that it is. Also it would deprive us of the occasional entertainment of seeing people confused over what we're driving as well as the occasional joy of seeing the light bulb go off above someone's head the moment they "get it."

Listen to Tom & Jason starting at around 4:46. Tom & Jason hit dead-on what I'm trying to say above while Tif plays the snob initially, only to call the NSX a supercar at the end. :) I must have watched this video a dozen times while hunting for my NSX and each time I heard Tom & Jason I'd smile and be glad I knew exactly what I was doing rather than chase something with possibly a bit more status!

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dW_Quo3HiHs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

Or maybe I've just been a Pittsburgher too long and can accept/value being the underdog more than most. Pittsburghers all think (know) that the NFL hates the Steelers and most of our out of town friends make fun of the city until they spend a weekend here. :)

^this is true and well put. It's definitely a strength.

Everything except the conspiracy theory w the NFL...and hey, at least you're not Philly....

Or maybe I've just been a Pittsburgher too long and can accept/value being the underdog more than most. Pittsburghers all think (know) that the NFL hates the Steelers and most of our out of town friends make fun of the city until they spend a weekend here. :)
Underdog!!? Try being the Mistake On The Lake and having the Browns (no super bowl), Indians (okay we got to the series a couple of times and lost both), the cadaverleers (NBA finals-Lost) and we sold our hockey team to you. To get back on topic you make a valid point. However, you would be surprised to know that there are many "high end" exotic car owners who are former NSX owners and of course they get it and most of those wish they had kept their NSX. I know several here locally and they don't consider the NSX a shunned step child. Thanks for sharing.

So, because I like wearing Puma I am considered a poser? Man, tuff crowd.

If you are wearing them with a matching pit shirt and hat to your local cars and coffee event........than yes you probably are.

If you are wearing them with a matching pit shirt and hat to your local cars and coffee event........than yes you probably are.

Lol. I get your point. But, Ummmm, no. I just like Puma. Mainly their golf and sailing lines. My point is, your description of a poser was a little broad.

Now, if you singled out Ferrari Puma gear, anyone but a poser would agree with you. Hahaha.

To get back on topic you make a valid point. However, you would be surprised to know that there are many "high end" exotic car owners who are former NSX owners and of course they get it and most of those wish they had kept their NSX. I know several here locally and they don't consider the NSX a shunned step child. Thanks for sharing.

I definitely hear what you're saying. I "lost out" on buying a nice '92 GPW locally because the buyer realized the gem he had and decided to take it off the market. We've remained in touch ever since and it's been cool. He says he's owned 8 Ferrari's, a lambo, a maserati, and still dabbles in acquiring/selling nice cars but the NSX remains his all time favorite to drive. He has a friend with an R8, Ford GT, Lotus V8 turbo, a few 911's, a panamera, some ferraris, and a lamborghini. He talked the friend into trying an NSX and the friend picked up a 2005 last year which he now drives the most out of the others. He completely adores the NSX. How cool.

Love your avatar and was disappointed to realize that you are residing in TX and not Cleveland. Was hoping to drop by and check out the Imola next time I visited my buddy from CWRU who lives in Ohio City outside of downtown CLE.

Back