• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

Could this be the 2005 Honda Prelude? From what I'm reading, its only gonna have a 300HP V6. If they are trying to keep the price affordable, then I think it would make sense to name it the honda prelude, and have something even more exotic as an NSX. :)

I'm putting my flamesuit on for this comment.

Has anyone heard if this car is ONLY going to come with "Paddle Shifters" or........is it going to have a real manual trans ?

The cost is going to remain the same!:eek: Man, Honda is smart, I can't believe they can pull that off. To those that are ready to buy: be prepared for huge markup.

Any idea on production numbers? I don't want this car to be like a Modena--to me its the unexotic exotic because I see one in every city. I just hope production is kept to a minimum so that it truly holds its value and stature as exotic:D .

And I must agree with some of you that the original NSX design is in a class by itself--timeless. This design seems more of a plagiarized yet beautiful interpretation of whats already out there.

Either way in a few years this will be in my garage.

Just my cents:

ravi

edit: I can't wait to see what the guys over at ferrarichat.com think about this. I bet you they will speak negatively--but if you analyze sales numbers I also bet that many of them are going to sell their cars for this bad boy.

What are the chances that Honda is abiding by the "gentlemen's agreement" to not "publish" HP ratings over 300hp, even though it is much higher?

IMHO, this car is what the SSM was to the S2000.

I think guessing HP at this point is premature. I think the major issue is differentiating the powerplant from the new TL. Perhaps even a different engine for NA and Japan...

I'ma tell you guys right now...that thing WILL have more than 300HP. I don't care what "they" say...

...It would be an absolute marketing FLOP if it only had a stroked out 3.2 motor with only 10 more ponies....and their multi-BILLION dollar marketing and R&D departments know that.....even better than "NSXprime," believe it or not! ROFL :D

Look to see AT LEAST 100HP per liter (if not slightly more) with their current technology...even at 3.5 liter. All new V6 too.

--- Kevin

tmeekins said:
What are the chances that Honda is abiding by the "gentlemen's agreement" to not "publish" HP ratings over 300hp, even though it is much higher?

They would simply be shooting themselves in the foot. Americans want POWER! :cool: , so much that some companies overstate it. I think Jap manufacturers understate the power in Japan due to some regulations. Then again, I could be wrong.

Aiken Drum said:
It's obviously not an exact match, and I probably should have changed the front pillars too, but it's awfully close, given how many things I didn't change.
attachment.php
Before you're so quick to judge, consider the current NSX and how close those pictures look...

tmeekins said:
What are the chances that Honda is abiding by the "gentlemen's agreement" to not "publish" HP ratings over 300hp...
Huh? Fill me in Tim.

Aiken Drum - nice photoshopping.....reminds me of when the NSX first came out in 91, it sorta kinda emulated the Ferrari 308 (or was it the 328?).

The chrome wheels have got to go.

Something I have not seen in the pictures are the brakes. Please tell me that Brembos are factory standard. Otherwise, a first gen NSX with forced induction and big brakes will be my first choice over the HSC.

According to spec, concept car height is 44.8 inches, about 2 inches lower than NSX. Styling is so-so, not as stunning as original NSX.

The rear is gorgeous and defintely exotic. Front is similar to 02 design. The round and square headlight doesn't go well together. The lines from the side doesn't flow well due to the mid section going down and then coming back up at the rear. The lines flowed up in a straight line on Gen 1 NSX. The swoosh effect of the rear window is wierd and has poor visibility. The side intake is no where near as dramatic as the original.

Overall Interior layout is similar to current (which is good), with revised instrumentation and new features. Side window view is more restrictive. Keep the glass engine lid and when you bring it to America, keep the words "Honda" on the engine. Don't put the Acura Emblem on the engine. The word "Honda" on an engine is something to be proud of and has heritage. Acura is just a Micky Mouse unrecognized marketing name.

No mention of aluminum, so I think that is gone. Disappointed with lack of 180 crank V8.

The Enzo is a mixed styling car. Honda picked the wrong car to borrow stying cues. Enzo Looks good from the front. Very angular. Looks retro from the side rdue to the round shape of the mid section.

Overall styling looks good, but falls short of the original NSX. There are too many conflicting styling cues disrupting the flow of the design.

Woohoo!

I like the front and side, the rear is different, but different in an exotic sharp line way. Flat like a 'vette and won't be everyone's cup of tea. Will see if it grows on me as more picture are released and how often I go back to these and stare :D

Lighter, lots of downforce, a 3.5L that can take some boost, and its going to kick some serious you know what!! Lets hope that it has the same cutting edge balance and refinement that made the NSX famous.

Maybe I won't be buying an NSX soon and saving for this!

Sunny

KGP said:
Huh? Fill me in Tim.

My understanding is the Japanese government prohibits its manufacturers from making cars with more than 280 hp, but I don't know the specifics. In years past the manufacturers have simply understated the power of the car.

Ken, you've been conspiciously silent on this thread, any thoughts? Do you think it's for real?

HSC

I have to applaude Honda, for much of the years we have heard rumors and aligations that Honda was going to discontinue the NSX, or that it would continue with mild cosmetic changes ( '02,'03 models). Well it seems that Honda did have something up their sleeves and this HSC, exceeds all expectations. I know that Honda can't please everyone, but this was truely better than all those speculative pics that was on the web or magazines.
IMO I love the pics of the HSC concept, I know that the car will even look better in person, just like the Enzo. For those that think that the HSC is a Enzo knock off, WHO CARES!! It actually looks to be better balanced than the Enzo ( Enzo has a long nose and short tail). I'm glad that Honda is going after the supercar and didn't just redesign the car with 350Z or RX-8 in mind. NSX has always been above that and the HSC shows that Honda is Back Baby! I can't imagine that the engine is going to be a revamped 3.0 V6, unless revamped means bored out to 3.5L, with the 3.5L I think it is more likely to be around 380hp NA. But then could HSC really stand for Honda SuperCharger?
;)
I can't think with all the carbon fiber and technology to loose weight that the car can be priced similarly to the current NSX. I think they will price it just a tad more that the Porsche GT3, >$100,000.
HSC specs:
3.5L NA 380hp/350lbs tq
Curb weight 2800lbs
0- 62mph. 4.0 sec
1/4 mile 11.9 @ 120mph
6-speed squential paddle shifter
This is my opinion.

Go HONDA.

Thank God he gave me 2 kidneys............now may be the time to hock one! As far as the rear spoiler is concerned, I have a feeling, by lookin at the rear phote, that it is incorporated right above the "H" in the center ala McLaren F1.

Cheers!

Nev

Ojas said:
Gas lid is visible in at least 2 pictures on the first page (may be hard to see if you're using an LCD monitor, though). It's in the normal location on the rear fender.

I'm not sure about the handle - good catch. Maybe there's a switch in the dark area near the top-rear part of the side window.

It looks like the door handle is in the upper rear corner of the side window near the roof. Very cool.

BTW, everyone says it looks like the Enzo, but I think it also looks very much like the Modena too.
Either way, the car WILL go to my garage. Now I need a second job.
Steve

DEPOSIT

Just spoke with the sales Mgr. at local Acura dealer, he is meeting with his sales rep next week and will be sending me the build/purchase order/ for the 05 after signing the order and making the down payment I will be guranteed delivery of the car at MSRP. Someone else already has a deposit on the 05 since last year so he gets the first one, smart gamble.I just hope both will come in at the same time.

By my calculations the HSC is 170' long, 76" wide, and 45" tall. I don't think there's any data re weight or horsepower. I for one think its beautiful and am having a hard time concentrating at work today. I'm also glad that several of you won't be competing
with me for a spot on the waiting list. More stats please!

Re: DEPOSIT

AKUDOU said:
Just spoke with the sales Mgr. at local Acura dealer, he is meeting with his sales rep next week and will be sending me the build/purchase order/ for the 05 after signing the order and making the down payment I will be guranteed delivery of the car at MSRP. Someone else already has a deposit on the 05 since last year so he gets the first one, smart gamble.I just hope both will come in at the same time.

Wow - if you are willing to let a local dealer hold a big chunk of money with little or no information on the specs, final price, or delivery date you deserve to have it at MSRP IMO.

The production version of the new NSX or whatever they call it could be very different then this concept and you are really paying much more then sticker when you consider the time value of money.

I am excited about this new car just like I liked some of the elements of the Dual Note but the final product will probably be pretty different then the car we are seeing in these pictures.

What ever happened to form follows funciton.

The present NSX worked will with lots of room for aerodynamic impovement.

New NSX looks like they will use air from underside to increase down force in the rear. In this case they won't get as much paracitic drag as with a spoiler, however I would bet they have one that will rise to the occasion when it gets excited. :D

The only thing where I question the design is in the front. I don't see an exit for air going through the radiator unless it goes through tunells and comes out in the rear. Eather way, I will bet on a very improved package. :) :) :)

PS. 400 hp and 350 ft lb pushing less the 3k lbs. Im sure they will blow on this one.

Back