• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I am sooo tempted to do this....

Here goes a white conversion

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109499&highlight=flat+black

My Fav Flat Black Nsx ... I couldnt find a better pic but there out there

ss323.jpg

3-4K for that flat black cover that goes on top of the factory amazing paint? wow, that can only be done by people that are REALLY bored with some extra $$ @ the bank ...\

OScar

All I can say is "ShamWoW!"

18106400id2.jpg

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:rolleyes:

The matte black looks nice, but the blow torch on the surface would scare the hell out of me. Hopefully it doesn't peel off or he starts to get bubbles.

3-4K for that flat black cover that goes on top of the factory amazing paint? wow, that can only be done by people that are REALLY bored with some extra $$ @ the bank ...\

OScar

Fred is always pushing the modding game to the highest level. He changes his toys as many times as we change our underwears! Next month, he might change the color again (who knows).

Fred is always pushing the modding game to the highest level. He changes his toys as many times as we change our underwears! Next month, he might change the color again (who knows).

I guess i am just been jealous .. lol .. hey, i got some different covers for my Ipod, black and white, omg look @ me -i suck hahaha
OScar

too much $ and dont know how to spend it.

i got 1 billion civics around my house that sport this flat black ghetto black spray paint look. Before you know it, it will be the coool unpainted primer body kit look that will make a come back.:biggrin:

Different strokes for different folks

I, for one, like it. With all of the rock chips on my car......hmmmm.......

Last edited:
When you use the wrap stuff does it look like a cheap-ass paint job when you open the doors, hood or trunk; that is, are the jams, etc. the same color?

last time i saw it, it was still orange around the door hinges, etc. Quick to change the outside appearance. Not the best thing for a show car, but cheaper than a full respray.:smile:

Do I understand this correctly?

Wrap costs about $4000 repainting cost about $9000.

Wrap lasts about 4-5 years. When wrap is removed the original paint job is still in good condition with maybe a few scratches.

Wrap is simply washed with soap and water (no waxing, buffing, etc)

Takes only two days to wrap vs two weeks for repaint.

Seems like a good deal to me. What are the major known (not speculative) drawbacks of doing a wrap?

Dude you should so do this! Notice how the guy tried to cover up as much silver as possible:biggrin:

Wingzy, it took you forever to find this thread. You're getting slow, my color blind friend.:tongue:

Wingzy, it took you forever to find this thread. You're getting slow, my color blind friend.:tongue:

LOL I'm getting old ... just not so old that I would want a Silver sportscar:biggrin:

Back