• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I bought this.... now what is it??

I don't think it is a NSX part. As for the part tag, the number is not a NSX number that is listed as a component in the bumper section of the Mitchell Manual shown on this site. Could be superceded but it does not look like NSX part unless it has been chopped up, ie. the center bar taken out.
If that part label is relevant, call a dealer, give them the number and ask what it is for.

Went searching Honda part # lookups on the web and had no luck finding that part #71110-SP1-A00. That # is simular to the current chin spoiler # of 71110-SL0-003 so the tag may have been for an chin spoiler but the Part # has changed. I recommend that you contact the seller ASAP and return it.

Last year I bought a rear brake hose for my NSX off of Ebay from one of the parts resellers and it did not fit. The Beck and Arnley part # on the package was correct but the part was wrong. Some of the stuff on Ebay is sold by people that buy, left overs, mismatch, mislabeled, overstock and auction auto parts. This stuff is bought for pennies on the dollar for good reason

Well, I thought it was the lower bumper....... almost, but not quite!!

fbfdc714.jpg

fbfdc70e.jpg

fbfdc70f.jpg

Well, looks like this is going back! :(

Either the seller is mistaken or it's a scam. The part number is a 94-95 Legend front spoiler. If you look it up on acuraautmotiveparts or call a dealer you should be able to confirm that. Definitely not NSX. My cross reference shows only Legend.

By the way, SP* is a Legend chassis parts code. Some parts are used in NSX but usually small (like nuts/bolts/clips) not big items like a spoilers. And NSX would have SL* as the code.

Eddy

Thanks for the help guys!!! I'm going to contact the seller today and explain it to him. Hopefully he'll be kind enough to just return it without a headache.
Regards
Z

Thanks for the support guys! I contacted the seller nicely explaining that this part doesn't belong to the NSX(included the pictures). He quickly replied saying it was a misunderstanding. He also said he would get someone to pick it up and is issue me a refund. :)
Regards
Z

Back