• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I can't believe this...

I brought my car to Don @ hilltop automotive.
He has a white 94 that someone just bought from Nevada. Don told me that the previous owner had removed the engine check light instead of fixing the problem that turned on the light :eek:
According to someone, since nevada has no emission control laws they just decided to ignore the problem :eek:

It has 110K miles and they have no idea how long the engine check light has been removed. Good luck to the current owner, I hope he restores this poor NSX :frown:

Who knows what else has not been done to this car. If you can't afford it, sell it to someone who can!!!:rolleyes:

Thats typical, instead of paying to get the problem fixed they opend up the Instrument cluster and removed the light, while they were in there why not ROLL a few miles back. thats terrible to hear. good luck.

:eek:That's scary thing and thanks for the infor., sure it will help new buyer something to check into.

everything is fixable , check engine light on , mostly has to do with emission equipement , check engine light will not affect the engine it self unless he was not changing the oil reguraly and not getting all the maintenance done that will affect the engine for sure , but a good mechanic can dig deep and check everything in the car , also the NSX engine is very well made , it should stay in good shape even with poor maintenace .

I brought my car to Don @ hilltop automotive.
He has a white 94 that someone just bought from Nevada. Don told me that the previous owner had removed the engine check light instead of fixing the problem that turned on the light :eek:
According to someone, since nevada has no emission control laws they just decided to ignore the problem :eek:

It has 110K miles and they have no idea how long the engine check light has been removed. Good luck to the current owner, I hope he restores this poor NSX :frown:

Who knows what else has not been done to this car. If you can't afford it, sell it to someone who can!!!:rolleyes:

Back