• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I got invited to do the Players Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shumdit said:
I guess it is all about priorities, and the value you place on such a trip. To me 10-13K would make nice trip down under for a few weeks if I were going to spend it on a single vacation. Before starting a family my wife and I liked to take 2-3 vacations a year out of the US to experience different cultures and see new sights (some bargains, others nightmares). "Firestarter" is correct that I do not know all the specifics of this event, but it seems to be overpriced from the info I do know about it. I do not think I would fit in with Big Money and his Model Copilot in any case :wink:

Now that is a waste of $$$$'s who wants to go to another country and experience different cultures, when you can do that right here?
I wouldn't waste my $$$$'s on that.

If I had an extra 10-13k I would buy "Slot Cars"
I think people should spend their $$$'s on what they want to spend them on, unless it's my wife. :smile: Hell I spent 30K on NSX FI mods and the damn thing just sits in the garage. I could have taken the boring vacation you are talking about. Just making a point.

Last edited:
I am taking Andy place now that he is banned, is his honor I am three sheets to the wind. :tongue:
What ever I type right now cant be held against me in the morning. :redface:

Please play nice with pairs model as she is one of the few women to post here on prime, we don't want to scare her away. If we did we would be stuck with only Meyatch's pretty boy face to look at. :frown:

Shumdit said:
No war, just make sure you do not disagree with the lifestyles of the beautiful people publicly, or feel the wrath! LOL :biggrin:

lol dont hate i am beautiful.........

len3.8 said:
Now that is a waste of $$$$'s who wants to go to another country and experience different cultres, when you can do that right here?

I think people should spend their $$$'s on what they want to spend them on, unless it's my wife. :smile: Hell I spent 30K on NSX FI mods and the damn thing just sits in the garage. I could have taken the boring vacation you are talking about. Just making a point.

$10k later and its "that was khappi's car at the hotel, i swear" Burrrnnnnn :biggrin:
btw when you get your lambo len, you gotta give me a ride, and obligatory photo ops so i can make my friends jealous back home, (so at least i'll look like a big-balla like you man) :biggrin:

len3.8 said:
Now that is a waste of $$$$'s who wants to go to another country and experience different cultres, when you can do that right here?

See, Len thinks my vacations are a waste of time and money (plus boring to boot), but I have no problem with it. All of those places are better than the "hole" that it has been requested I return to (sorry about ending the sentence in a preposistion, but I am a High School drop out, as noted earlier. Maybe that's why my vacations seemed so fun, what with my little brain and all :biggrin: :biggrin: )

Hope you get those slot cars! :wink:

Shumdit said:
See, Len thinks my vacations are a waste of time and money (plus boring to boot), but I have no problem with it. All of those places are better than the "hole" that it has been requested I return to (sorry about ending the sentence in a preposistion, but I am a High School drop out, as noted earlier. Maybe that's why my vacations seemed so fun, what with my little brain and all :biggrin: :biggrin: )

Hope you get those slot cars! :wink:

I will try my best to get them. I am a High school drop out as well.

khappucino said:
lol dont hate i am beautiful.........

$10k later and its "that was khappi's car at the hotel, i swear" Burrrnnnnn :biggrin:
btw when you get your lambo len, you gotta give me a ride, and obligatory photo ops so i can make my friends jealous back home, (so at least i'll look like a big-balla like you man) :biggrin:

You are always going to be my alibi... Now go buy a Red Tahoe and you can really help me out.

As far as the Lambo goes, It won't be this summer. Maybe next spring. prova is going to spot me the cash. He is the "BIG BALLER" mine are in their infancy compared to his. :tongue:

prova4re said:
Now where is my shovel at? :biggrin:
You don't need a shovel, just drag them BIG AZZ Balls. :biggrin:

Sorry if I have offended anyone.
Players Run, I would do it in a heartbeat if I had the time and the $$$s.
I am on topic.

thought i'd lift my leg on this a bit, too...

for the life of me, i can't see spending the $$'s it appears to take to "register" and participate in this type of event... doesn't make sense to me one iota.

having said that, one of the great things about where we live is our ability to live our lives pretty much as we choose, to the limit of our abilities and resources. i'm sure there are many people - say, from the "down" environment that shum came from - that would think we're out of our minds for spending the $$'s we do on an nsx... and quite likely a long list of other non-required possessions/events we include in our lives.

shum - like you, i came from a challenging background and choose to live life to the extent i can - and i heartily recommend the approach to all :)

be well, all.

Thanks for the comments Queen. I agree that I have friends who tell me I am out of mind to spend the $$ I do to own a sportscar that to them is outdated, and to many, by nature, impractical. I however see the value in owning the NSX, since sportbikes are not spouse-approved with the little ones in the picture now. I guess that is where those of you who spend the money to join this event place your peception of value.

So I apologize that you are all idiots with too much money and not enough sense :biggrin: :biggrin: JUST KIDDING!

The one in Germany sounds like a good idea. You could get all the speeding tickets you want,... then just leave the country and not have to worry about it.

You guys ever try thinking out of the box and get some sponsors to pay for your entry fee.... maybe you could get a free CTSC and some great memories out of it. Comptech themselves would probably give you the entry fee just to be represented in the event.

Whatwasthat said:
You guys ever try thinking out of the box and get some sponsors to pay for your entry fee.... maybe you could get a free CTSC and some great memories out of it. Comptech themselves would probably give you the entry fee just to be represented in the event.
yup, that could happen.

to be clear, i wouldn't participate in these events if someone paid all of my expenses, installed a blower on my car, shipped my car there and then drove the thing for me... it's just not something i'd invest any energy/time on. (but i'll talk about it til my lips fall off ;)

now, if they'd give me a nice tiffany lamp to strap in the passenger seat, we're talkin' a whole 'nother level of interest. to each his/her own, eh? :)

shum... where are you located?
hal

Shumdit said:
Bunch of idiots.

You can obviously have an opinion. But don't expect to make a comment like the one above and not have people fire back. :rolleyes:

As a 2 time participant of Players Run, I can vouch that the drivers were not idiots... well most *cough*prova4re*cough*

by the way.. does your intelligent and well thought out australian vacation come with a 6lbs ctsc?

There are 10 people on this forum("idiots with too much money and not enough sense") who have done the Players Run, and we all have gotten together and voted you off! :tongue:

Many of us had sponsors to offset the cost, some of us even made money by doing this event. So I think we are ahead of you........you need to think out of the truck that is hauling "the box". :biggrin:

As for the super charger, I have been down that road and it cost me 3 times more than the cost of the Players Run. It gave me nightmares and kept me up at night. :mad:

As for your "challenging background" cry me a river.

I could tell you all kinds of stories.......... been there........ done that!
Don't dwell on the past use it to make you stronger, and enjoy the money and success you have.

Nick is a TOOL so don't believe a word he has to say. :wink:

nicholas421 said:
You can obviously have an opinion. But don't expect to make a comment like the one above and not have people fire back. :rolleyes:

As a 2 time participant of Players Run, I can vouch that the drivers were not idiots... well most *cough*prova4re*cough*

by the way.. does your intelligent and well thought out australian vacation come with a 6lbs ctsc?

Everyone can fire back. Hell drive over and kick my arse if it makes you feel better (just don't scratch the car! :tongue: ). I am not sure if the vacation comes with a 6lb. (I think I requested 9lb. for the Players Run :wink: )

prova4re said:
As for your "challenging background" cry me a river.

I could tell you all kinds of stories.......... been there........ done that!
Don't dwell on the past use it to make you stronger, and enjoy the money and success you have.

Not looking for sympathy Pro, just explaining why that amount of money for a drive seems too high to me (and my perception is obviously influenced by that period in my life, much like people who grew up during the Depression were typically much more frugal later in life, even though they were financially "set" from studies that have been done).

PS- RAVN says I do not have any money (and would probably say that makes me a failure too :wink: :biggrin: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back