• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I/H/E Gains

I currently have the Dinan Stage III chip, Comptch headers and exhaust, and a modified intake with a K&N filter. My '91 dynos at 271 hp at the rear wheels. BTW, I just added the short gears and 4.23 R&P to keep the engine in that sweet vtec range.

Originally posted by ChopsJazz:
I currently have the Dinan Stage III chip, Comptch headers and exhaust, and a modified intake with a K&N filter. My '91 dynos at 271 hp at the rear wheels.

What did it dyno at before you made the mods?

I have a 92 with Dinan stage III chip, K&N cone, DC headers and HKS exhaust. Getting Dyno next weekend. Hopefully produce the same or close HP with Chopsjazz.
smile.gif

In another thread I talked about this same subject. In a nutshell, I didn't dyno the car before the mods. Maybe I just had a good day on a generous dyno. And I don't know how other similar or different cars would have dyno'd on that day at that shop. But what I do know is that, with my mods on that day, I came up with some pretty respectable numbers. Hell, it's all just bragging rights.

Actually, you CAN get some useful information from the dyno. However, there is enough variation between cars (even bone stock) that you can't get meaningful information from a dyno number after mods. But it IS meaningful if you get a dyno number before and after mods on the same car.

Back