• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I just bought my first NSX. It's a dream

Hello everyone. I just purchased my dream car the NSX after years wanting one. I'm not planning on doing any mods on it for a year or two but after that who knows! I'm planning on keeping this car forever.

I have a 1992 NSX with around 60k miles on it.

I hope to get to know everyone here!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 14976811_10154075594743479_2331118902764881551_o.jpg
    14976811_10154075594743479_2331118902764881551_o.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 609
  • 14858736_10154079268593479_415560942_o.jpg
    14858736_10154079268593479_415560942_o.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Let's see I've been doing window shopping over the past few years looking through here, Bring a Trailer, Craigslist, NSXPrime Facebook, and Ebay.

Then when I was finally ready, I pulled up Craigslist and saw one just under 2 hours away and had low miles and all the major maintenance completed on it so I put it on my to-contact-owner list.
Then I went on NSX prime and saw the same car listed. I went ahead and contacted the owner.

We met up, it was garaged and cared for. We test drove it to a shop where we had it lifted and looked underneath. We negotiated and I ended up taking the stock wheels and tires.

After a few days, I drove it home and finally got it registered and paid a hefty sales tax.

So the car has TSW Snettertons Wheels. 18s in the front and 19s in the rear. The stock wheels are 15/16 and I'm afraid that I might share the same opinion as the previous owner on how it looks. We both think that the stock wheels doesn't give the NSX an exotic look. The current tires are made with a harder compound and I read that the stock wheels and tires setup will make the NSX perform better.

Last edited:
Let's see I've been doing window shopping over the past few years looking through here, Bring a Trailer, Craigslist, NSXPrime Facebook, and Ebay.

Then when I was finally ready, I pulled up Craigslist and saw one just under 2 hours away and had low miles and all the major maintenance completed on it so I put it on my to-contact-owner list.
Then I went on NSX prime and saw the same car listed. I went ahead and contacted the owner.

We met up, it was garaged and cared for. We test drove it to a shop where we had it lifted and looked underneath. We negotiated and I ended up taking the stock wheels and tires.

After a few days, I drove it home and finally got it registered and paid a hefty sales tax.

So the car has TSW Snettertons Wheels. 18s in the front and 19s in the rear. The stock wheels are 15/16 and I'm afraid that I might share the same opinion as the previous owner on how it looks. We both think that the stock wheels doesn't give the NSX an exotic look. The current tires are made with a harder compound and I read that the stock wheels and tires setup will make the NSX perform better.

I had the same wheels and tire sizes on my 96 and can unequivocally say that the stock wheel and tire set up makes the NSX "float". I would upgrade from the fat-fives and go with the 16/17 set-up. If your car was 100% stock I would keep the fat-fives; but you plan on doing some modifications so the car will not be original.

Great car but I think the 18/19 wheels look too big on the car. 16/17 setup looks just right. I agree with posterchild2.

Looks like she's in wonderful shape. Congrats and welcome! You may also want to consider a 17/18" setup for wheels. I upgraded from the 15/16's to this size and did not notice any significant change in ride quality.

welcome , great analog cars, yours looks well kept.

Nice! Congrats :)

Congrats, I knew the previous owner. I think the only reason he sold it was for an i8. I remember the last time I saw it, remarking how clean it was.

Looks wonderful. Enjoy it, learn it, and drive it! Did the legit sales tax on mine - the clerk said $XXXXX.XX for a 1994???.
I had 18/19 on my car and went to 17/18. I think it looks better (new wheels helped in my case).

Welcome and enjoy! It looks good.

Welcome .. beautiful example! If you haven't already found it, make sure you familiarize yourself with the content of the Wiki on this site .. which you can find on the red action bar at the top of most pages. Lots of great information on care and maintenance and also upgrades. Some of it is getting a bit old in the tooth but probably still applicable to yours since there weren't a lot of changes over time. Enjoy .. Ian

Back