• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I just saw this is down the street from me JH4NA1152PT000429

I saw a couple of locals (RSO) had seen this previously. I may take a look since it's so close. I saw it on autotrader.

Car fax clean but some others noted concerns. Might not be too bad. 91k miles. I may go down and check it out (not that I need a second one BUT I am closing on a house with a 4 car garage at the end of the month. What will I do with the 4th unused spot?...

I saw a couple of locals (RSO) had seen this previously. I may take a look since it's so close. I saw it on autotrader.

Car fax clean but some others noted concerns. Might not be too bad. 91k miles. I may go down and check it out (not that I need a second one BUT I am closing on a house with a 4 car garage at the end of the month. What will I do with the 4th unused spot?...

don't worry stuff will just magically inhabit that space.If you have kids all their bikes ect fill it.The 4th space is also great for guests .

I have only 1 kid. It's a 2000 red on black 6spd... I am planing to get a MaxJack. Couldn't frankly be more excited. I would love a 2nd NSX to Turbo charge...

If you are getting to turbo, don't bother with an NA2. The NA1 is a better platform for a turbo set up....plus has the added rigidity of being a coupe.

Didn't catch the "kid" reference.....lol. Thought you were going to look at the 00' that was for sale.

Last edited:
I went down and inspected the car. Has a lot of small paint issues. Customized rear view mirror, alarm system. Wheels were poor. The M&S tired were new but odd choice. I took a mess of photos and notes. If anyone is interested I can provide. If I have time later I will document.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the details of what I saw. It takes me too long to get the pictures onto Flickr so If you'd like pics I have them.

Observations:
Paint Condition: Fair.
Paint Damage locations: Nose, Rearview mirror, driver side door jam, outside passenger A pillar, Passenger rear bumper scuffed good.
The front nose what a bit out of alignment.
Missing front lower lip.
Driver door had some deep scratches.
It had the NSX cell phone...
LoJack supposedly.
Aftermarket alarm.
Speakers where shot according to the sales guy.
The center council had whole drilled in it for something. There were knobs and things (needed replacement IMO).
It had an aftermarket rearview mirror with Nav (pretty ugly IMO).
It looked to have a factory installed radar detector?? It looked factory, it was hung from the roof and above the rear view. Not sure what it was. (I may post this separately to find out if this was an option).
Wheels: Chromed but horrible. Need to be recoated as it was all peeling.
Cold air intake.
They were busy so I did not drive it. Stick felt ok.

Anyway, that is the quick summary. It did have some records as it was serviced there. IMO the $29k was is a bit much. Maybe 20k and get the paint repaired and all the other stuff. I'm basically posting this for two reasons. One, in case anyone is interested. Two, so in the searches people can get some data points.

Last edited:
Yeah, car fax is good for certain things but not other. Accident wise it's pretty poor IMO.

Nice, Mike is that you? i was going to go take a look at it this weekend as i'm in the market for something different this year. Either back to the NSX or a GT-R. Without physically inspecting it, i was thinking it wa a 20-25k(max) car. I appreciate the info you provided.

It's is Mike. What's up Desmond. PM me, haven't heard from you in a while. Yeah, the right price is under $22k. I heard from someone they are holding over 27. No chance for that IMO. I may leave them a note saying if no one takes it, I would be interested at 21. Not a disaster but it does not support the philosophy of owning a super car. If they were smart, it could be updated quickly and then sold for 27-29. There cost to repair would be less expensive
For them.

I went there over the weekend and the sales manager informed me that he was expecting a potential buyer from NH and another from NJ. I did throw a bone (low 20s) out there to test his level of motivation and he seemed inclined to follow up with me if nothing came through over the weekend- so when i didn't hear back from him, i presumed one of those two prospects must've overpaid for the car. I'm more in the market for an NA2 in much better condition anyway so i'm sort of glad this "carrot" is out of my radar- The temptation was hard sometimes, it being so close! :smile: At any rate, the search continues...

Last edited:
Interestingly I was looking at some auction rates. They are going for quite a bit these days. I am pleased to be where I am at...

Thanks to all who contributed this information about the vehicle. It saved me a four hour drive to go "look" at it. It appears to again be for sale on cars dot com. My search continues!

Back