• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I know this is overpriced but... JH4NA21673T000015 (2003)

This is the exact color combo I've always wanted and I love the fact it's stock. Due to a recent job change I now have the ability to buy what I previously thought would never be more than a dream. What do you think is a fair price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291697729316?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

VIN JH4NA21673T000015

attachment.php

Attachments

• 03 NSX.jpg
    03 NSX.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,904
Based on how long that car has been for sale, I get the feeling the dealer is holding out for an offer north of $80k. As was pointed out in the other threads, this car has plenty of warning signs that indicate it might require some extra attention, from the tweety bird floormats, odd thing in the front hood compartment to the bedazzled wheels this is not your normal NSX which makes it hard to price (and sell).

My recommendation still stands at:

"Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the dealership was simply using eBay to fish for serious buyers. I would consider calling the dealership directly with a firm $72k offer pursuant to a successful PPI and leave yourself $2-4k wiggle room based on what you get back from a PPI."

P.S. Seller might want to consider these: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/193007-05-wheels-center-caps-(silver)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback. I didn't realize there was another thread on here; I should have searched before posting. Anyways, the seller is being a real stickler on the price. I told him I'd go $75K take it or leave it and am waiting to hear back. If not, I'll keep searching - this is definitely not a decision I want to rush.

If it is the exact car you want, don't let a few thousand here or there stop you. Pass on a car because it is in bad shape, has problems you can identify, or because it isn't exactly what you want but don't let a few thousand dollars ruin your decision. As long as the car is a good car, even at $80k you will do alright in the long run as you are unlikely to see that car depreciate. Worst case scenario is you will sell it for what you paid for in 2 years.

If you are serious, I would ask some of the Florida folks to give it a look for you - or maybe someone already has given it a look and you can get their notes. Plenty of people on this forum are happy to help (I know I would do that for a NSX in the DC area)

if it is the exact car you want, don't let a few thousand here or there stop you. Pass on a car because it is in bad shape, has problems you can identify, or because it isn't exactly what you want but don't let a few thousand dollars ruin your decision. As long as the car is a good car, even at $80k you will do alright in the long run as you are unlikely to see that car depreciate. Worst case scenario is you will sell it for what you paid for in 2 years.

^^ This

...If you are serious, I would ask some of the Florida folks to give it a look for you - or maybe someone already has given it a look and you can get their notes. Plenty of people on this forum are happy to help (I know I would do that for a NSX in the DC area)

I'd be more than happy to go look at it, however there may be a good chance I'd buy it if was in good condition and I was given a fair amount for my Lotus if I traded it in. :biggrin:

For a $75K investment I would get on Southwest.com, book a flight in the morning go check it out, arrange a PPI and fly back the same night. What would it cost you at the most $500-$700 bucks, well worth my peace of mind. Good luck.

Thanks guys, just bought a flight on Southwest to go check it out. One question - they're listing it as a 1-owner car but the carfax shows it was sold at auction last. Why would a car go to auction and is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks guys, just bought a flight on Southwest to go check it out. One question - they're listing it as a 1-owner car but the carfax shows it was sold at auction last. Why would a car go to auction and is this something I should be concerned about?

Good question. I was researching this car too and found it marked sold on a dealer's website. You can see the link in the previous thread, however it looks like the car isn't listed anymore. I also ran an autocheck, which showed 3 owners. I think what probably happened was it was a one owner car and possibly a dealer bought it to use and never titled it?

Again, just speculation, but things weren't adding up so I passed.

If this isn't the car for you it's good to be patient. The market is hot right now and a lot of people that would have never thought about selling are doing so. Once it calms down a little "no telling" when then is a better time. There's some that are trying to corner the market with storing and waiting for the right times to sell their flipped cars.

People sell cars at auctions for various reasons. Most likely whomever bought it at the auction if it still lists one owner tells me that they never titled it and just planned to flip it.

Like I said the market is good for sellers. I foresee a few certain cars being posted or for sale in the near future.

When will you be going to look at it? Want company? I'd be happy to go with you if it doesn't conflict with work.

I'd be more than happy to go look at it, however there may be a good chance I'd buy it if was in good condition and I was given a fair amount for my Lotus if I traded it in. :biggrin:

That Lotus is awesome and rare. I'd just add to the stable if I were you.

Email me [email protected]. I know of an individual who is selling his LBBP, but not sure if the interior is tan. I can connect you with him.

Very strange, the price started around 85k, they dropped it to 84k and now its back at 87.5k. I wonder whats going on.

As I write this OP has three posts all of them in this thread. Has not posted since 3/9 when mentioned airline tickets were purchased. Wonder if ever went to look at it.

I did not. The autocheck shows 3 owners even though the seller claims only 1 owner. They have no service records. The timing belt and water pump haven't been replaced. On top of that they weren't willing to negotiate much on price. I see they've now changed the eBay listing to a true auction instead of a 'buy-it-now'. They'll probably shill bid until it gets to over a certain price, though.

I called on this car as well. It's about a 4 hour drive from me so I was considering making the drive. However, I decided to pass as well. They are pretty firm on price. No service records and seems like it has changed hands multiple times. If I m dropping 80k on a 13 yo NSX the car better be top shelf.

MC

I *might* go take a look at this one just for sh|ts and giggles. If I do I'll post my findings.

I *might* go take a look at this one just for sh|ts and giggles. If I do I'll post my findings.

I took a ride over to the address listed for this company. It's an office only, no cars in sight with a sign in the window "by appointment only". So, no clue on the condition of the car in question.

Back