• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I may sell my NSX and get a jaguar XK-R

It was kind if funny. I was on the internet saturday morning and found this XKR and liked it. Called the dealership around 10:30 AM and we discussed the deal. they came down from $54k to $47k and we had a deal. We talked driving up but instead I called Delta bought a one way ticket to Atl, flew in got a taxi to the dealership that they paid for and completed the paperwork when I got there. 3 hour delay on the flight due to really bad weather but me at the dealership at 5:30. Sandra, my salesperson stayed late to show me how everything worked. They really do a great job on presentation. My car was in a separate showroom by itself with a placard standing next to it saying it was reserved for me and a red carpet leading up to the drivers side door.

I will definitely stay around Prime, heck 4 years in the jag and thier will be some of new NSX that will be used by then in my price range. I will really miss my NSX it has been the best car I ever had. The prime community has been fun and I wouldn't leave for the world. if nothing else but the hot girl threads :)

It was kind if funny. I was on the internet saturday morning and found this XKR and liked it. Called the dealership around 10:30 AM and we discussed the deal. they came down from $54k to $47k and we had a deal. We talked driving up but instead I called Delta bought a one way ticket to Atl, flew in got a taxi to the dealership that they paid for and completed the paperwork when I got there. 3 hour delay on the flight due to really bad weather but me at the dealership at 5:30. Sandra, my salesperson stayed late to show me how everything worked. They really do a great job on presentation. My car was in a separate showroom by itself with a placard standing next to it saying it was reserved for me and a red carpet leading up to the drivers side door.

I will definitely stay around Prime, heck 4 years in the jag and thier will be some of new NSX that will be used by then in my price range. I will really miss my NSX it has been the best car I ever had. The prime community has been fun and I wouldn't leave for the world. if nothing else but the hot girl threads :)

Congrats! Post up some pics!

I test drove the SL55 then took it back to the dealership and immediately wrote them a check because there was no way to get the stupid smile off my face. I kept the car for a couple of years and drove it daily. I LOVED that car in fact I am considering buying another one this summer.

I remember the test drive well. I was trapped in traffic. I could feel the car was powerful but I couldn't mash the accelerator because of traffic. I said to my wife that I felt as if I was on a roller coaster headed up the track, click, click, click through traffic knowing that a wild ride was coming on the way down the track, getting on the highway. The first time I mashed that throttle I was hooked like a drug addict. I have bought a few AMG cars since because they are so f$&@ing good. They are like really good handling muscle cars IMO. They depreciate really hard but people keep buying them because they put a perma-smile on their face.

GET ONE WITH A WARRANTY!
I blew out the rear struts on mine, dealer told me it was an 8 thousand dollar repair and not to allow the car to lose contact with the earth again.:wink::smile: yes it is that fast!

Steve,
Next time test drive a SL65 and you will really be hooked! It makes the SL55 seem tame by comparison. Just make sure to buy a couple year old one so someone else takes the huge hit!

Just an update guys, I really love my Jaguar, it is a blast to drive and extremely plush inside. The wife loves it to. Man talk about some power as well at 413 ft/lbs and 420 HP it moves pretty good. The car has been a pleasure so far.

Pictures of the new Jaguar. I have really enjoyed it so far

Attachments

• Jaguar 160.jpg
    Jaguar 160.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Jaguar 162.jpg
    Jaguar 162.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Jaguar 164.jpg
    Jaguar 164.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 77
Pictures of the new Jaguar. I have really enjoyed it so far

Looks great, I can tell by that smile you are already enjoying it.

For the first time, several jaguars have piqued my interest. I like how the XF drives as well.

You car looks beautiful and she seems to be the perfect fit for you and the wife.

Do you have any mods planned for her?

Have you and the wife done any road trips in her since you bought it?

I used to frequent the Jaguar forums when I had mine and they were a pretty good bunch if guys. Have you visited the forums too?

We went to Jacksonville for her birthday, this was taken before we went to Tybee for our anniversary dinner. Yes, I am a member of the jaguar forums and have found them to be great people and lots of good advice. I went on before I bought to see what people were saying about the XKR as well.

Attachments

• Jaguar forum 2.jpg
    Jaguar forum 2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 71
Thanks it helped that my daughter was about to get her license when I got the NSX and we had 3 cars at the house and was one a SUV. When my daughter turned 16 we had 4 cars and hers had a back seat as well (Honda Civic) so we had family cars when we needed them:biggrin:

Back