• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I think I spotted Honda's new sports car (picture)

HondaSV = Honda Silicon Valley

There is at least one more picture on Twitter:
CKtpPAjUMAAcU0f.jpg

I'm not a fan. Looks too McClaren "ish" meets the Homer Simpson mobile. What power plant does it have?

Hmmmm...I like it. But it is very much concept at this time. It does have a 12c rear end look on this one.

Also, isn't there some regulation about hood height here in the states, something to do with pedestrian protection? I love the front end, but it looks too low for newer cars.

Keep it up Honda! We might find our balls yet!

I like the mid-engine platform choice, but right now the cockpit to body ratio is off. The cockpit bubble is too big IMO and the car looks really small...

The new NSX looks much better at the moment, but this concept looks promising if it comes to production - very far from production ready tho.

nice predator reference Steve!

It appears it is just a design concept from a few years back. http://jalopnik.com/did-honda-just-tweet-a-photo-of-the-baby-nsx-1720248768 But like we all said, I like the direction they seem to be moving in!

Yup. While that makes me lean towards this not coming to fruition, it's interesting that they registered the design patent in the US on May 27. I wonder if it's just so they can publicly share it as a model in their Silicon Valley research center without worry of their design being stolen, or they actually want to release a similar production car.

If we see a concept in Tokyo come October, I think we can expect something in 3-4 years.....Honda S2020 anyone? 2.2 liter turbo? One can dream. :)

The patent looks more refined than that model shown. This may be why it was easily leaked.

That's a good point. It looks a little more conventional than the physical display at Honda SV. Maybe the patent renderings actually represents a closer to production concept that will be revealed at a motor show like Tokyo. Honda's concepts at these shows lately have been closer to their production models.

Nice rendering. I'm sold on this design. My only gripe here is the sideskirt / front lip is too defined to where it feels aftermarket. I don't mind the black trim to give the illusion of a more slender body though. I think it's done more tastefully on the model at Honda SV.

Last edited:
...Also, isn't there some regulation about hood height here in the states, something to do with pedestrian protection? I love the front end, but it looks too low for newer cars...

I thought that only applied to when the engine is in the front?
pedestrian.png

I like the mid-engine platform choice, but right now the cockpit to body ratio is off. The cockpit bubble is too big IMO and the car looks really small...

Spec, don't you think it could be the blackened hood vent and the lack of a formal roof line that skews the cockpit-to-body ratio? After playing around with just a few color adjustments it really seems to be the basis of a potentially great (and affordable) design :)

original...
baby_nsx.jpg

minor adjustments...
baby_nsx_cc.jpg

lights on!
baby_nsx_WS.jpg

Spec, don't you think it could be the blackened hood vent and the lack of a formal roof line that skews the cockpit-to-body ratio? After playing around with just a few color adjustments it really seems to be the basis of a potentially great (and affordable) design :)

It does lend to the illusion, especially with the vents up front like that, but the patent drawings show a much more believable ratio for the windshield. I like your touched up renders better tho.

I truly believe that this outrageous concept study is a really early form compared to the more production like patent drawings... The headlight location is much lower than regulation also (I'm not complaining personally tho as it looks cool to me).

- - - Updated - - -

That looks like a true S2000/NSX baby. Perhaps some Del Sol too.

Back