• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I want to lower my NSX.

Before I get nail on this topic that I must say I didn't get my question answer by doing a search.

I have a 91 NSX with only 11K miles on it. I don't want to spend too much money on lowering my car but I will buy the bilstine for sure.

As, you can see that the spring hasn't really been utilzed since new, although it is 14 years old.

My question will be:

Should I use my 14 years old spring with the Bilstines on lower perch?

or

Should I just spend the extra money, upgrade it to Eibach with Bilstines on stock perch setting?

Which yields the best ride comfort, I don't do much of tracking at all.

Thanks

nsxlust said:
Should I use my 14 years old spring with the Bilstines on lower perch?

or

Should I just spend the extra money, upgrade it to Eibach with Bilstines on stock perch setting?
I would recommend using the Bilsteins with the original stock springs.

nsxlust said:
Which yields the best ride comfort
The Bilsteins with the original stock springs.

Thanks nsxtasy.

You have always been a great souce of information.

Better vs Best

Why lower your NSX when you are "new" to it? Enjoy the car first. :confused:

As far as what results in a better ride vs the best ride?

The better ride is the Bilstein on the factory height perch setting.

The best ride is leaving the suspension alone.

I have "soft targa" factory springs with Bilsteins on the factory height perch setting, and the ride makes my bladder leak.

I saw an NSX a few weeks ago that was lowered, and the headlights were bouncing so much, it looked like crap......but he said he likes that look. :rolleyes:

I got mine from the same guy. The only beef is he is in my area (3' of driving) but wouldn't let me pick them up and charge me $29 for shipping, other than that, it was a pretty good deal. :wink:

nsxpt said:
I got mine from the same guy. The only beef is he is in my area (3' of driving) but wouldn't let me pick them up and charge me $29 for shipping, other than that, it was a pretty good deal. :wink:

Do you know if these are the same item/model #'s that dali is selling?

charleysung said:
There is a guy selling brand new Bilsteins for NSX on Ebay for $469. I just bought a set from him and took delivery last week. Great deal. He's a legit Bilstein dealer and if you look at other items he's selling, he sells Bilstein shocks for all cars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=7946554804&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

Sellers ebay name is techdeals1

thanks guys-just went to ebay and purchased this set off of the guy. his ebay store has hundreds of bilsteins for any car imaginable. thanks again for the find, joe

nsxtasy said:
I would recommend using the Bilsteins with the original stock springs.

The Bilsteins with the original stock springs.
Ken

Do you lose any performance with the Bilsteins or does it just give you a more comfortable and lower ride?

SoCalDude said:
Do you lose any performance with the Bilsteins or does it just give you a more comfortable and lower ride?
No, no, and no. :D

I think that the Bilsteins offer the best characteristics of the stock shocks: comfortable ride on the street, and firm, precise handling when you drive the car hard (such as on the track). Great combination.

The performance (handling) seemed to improve when I installed them, but I attribute that primarily to the fact that the stock shocks were worn, not necessarily due to performance differences between the two. (It's common to feel an improvement whenever you replace worn shocks with new ones.)

I had the shocks mounted on the perch for the stock ride height, not the lowering perch.

For those who bought their Bilstein on Ebay. How reliable is the guy? I was reading about his neutral feedbacks, and they reported of bad packaging. How was your packaging?

Also, do you know where he was shipping from? I want to know if I need to pay tax.

thanks,

Everytime I go to this website, it brings me link to a driving school. I couldn't find anything about selling parts and pricing. Is that what you see too?

gobble said:
I bought mine a few weeks ago from www.cgimotorsports.com. They are also very reasonable. Received them than I week after ordering. Pass on the Ebay guy and keep your money in our little community.

Engel07 said:
Everytime I go to this website, it brings me link to a driving school. I couldn't find anything about selling parts and pricing. Is that what you see too?

They used to show parts on the website but have concentrated more lately on the driving schools. Call them. They still sell Bilsteins.

I received mine the very next day since we both are in the same city but he wouldn't let me pick them up and charged me $29 for SH as stated above. I can't complain cuz he didn't charge me tax for some reason. The packaging was fine, I didn't have any problem with that. :wink:

Back